Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a terrible mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I had been putting my daughter in Time out bc it seems nothing else worked and I mmade her stand on her tiptoes bc it seemed the only thing that worked, well the other day, hubby told me if I wanted to use it as a punishment I had to do it myself at least once, bc I'm a grown adult and if it impacts me heavily think how it impacts her. I feel like such a crappy mom now and the guilt is eating me alive.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM
So BC you put your kid in time out it makes you a bad mom? Hell I'm a bad mom to I guess. It's the only thing that makes DD act like she's got some sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I made her stand on her tiptoes in time out, that's the part that I feel makes me a bad mom.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

So BC you put your kid in time out it makes you a bad mom? Hell I'm a bad mom to I guess. It's the only thing that makes DD act like she's got some sense.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this

oh please dont beat yourself up. You didnt hit her or beat her. You made her stand on her toes. God tell your dh to get over himself, its not child abuse or anything

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Quoting mommy_me:

oh please dont beat yourself up. You didnt hit her or beat her. You made her stand on her toes. God tell your dh to get over himself, its not child abuse or anything

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM

you did not harm her. you are not a crappy mom you were just trying ideas out

RhondaVeggie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM
How long was she there? I could see it being uncomfortable if she were there for a very long time but if you're using the one minute per year of age rule it's no big deal. I could stand in the corner on my tiptoes for a minute per year and I'm in my thirties.
kellieknits
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I don't get why standing on your tiptoes is cruel or makes you a bad mom. I couldn't do it because I have a pin in my foot near my big toe, but I doubt your child has the same issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie85
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

OUCH. Sounds like you just didn't think it through though , don't beat yourself up over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM
She's 4 and I made her stand there 10 minutes. I couldn't even do it for ten minutes.

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

How long was she there? I could see it being uncomfortable if she were there for a very long time but if you're using the one minute per year of age rule it's no big deal. I could stand in the corner on my tiptoes for a minute per year and I'm in my thirties.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM
it feels like it..I mean that gets painful..and if its pain then isn't it sort of abuse

Quoting mommy_me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)