Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

9 Month Old Watching T.V. ...

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 23 Replies

I read some studies that babies shouldn't watch T.V. for the first two years of their life ... so I kept the T.V. off ... until now!  

My daughter got some Yo Gabba Gabba toys, so I checked the show out on Netflix and let her watch one so she can see her toys on the T.V. ... IT IS SOOOO ADORABLE.  She bounces up and down, and laughs to the music.  She gets so excited when she sees the other little kids on T.V.  We watch Yo Gabba Gabba every day after breakfast now and I love watching her watch the show. 

That's my confession.  

Anyone else do things they swore they would never do when they become a parent?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Char-Bear
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM
My 10 month old loves Baby First TV...her favorite is the little blue peek-a-boo character she covers her eyes and laughs when he does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indyb
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM

My dd is 12 months now and every now and then we will watch some go yabba yabba she loves to dances and bounce around to it too.  You should find some kids music like the fresh beats band or something like that too and let  her listen to that too my dd loves it!

BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I just found that on Netflix - we'll def check it out!

Quoting Char-Bear:

My 10 month old loves Baby First TV...her favorite is the little blue peek-a-boo character she covers her eyes and laughs when he does

Jessica_Esqueda
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Both my kids watch tv (2 and 1) it's all good! 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM
My kid loves that show! We don't watch tv all day long though. We moved into a bigger house with more playroom. We do watch Tangled every morning now. We started watching it in Spanish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I'll look that one up.  We got the baby genius collection at Christmas from the Grands and I am thinking about starting to watch those for the music - they have a couple that are classic kids songs and nursery rhymes.  This age is so much fun.  :):)

Quoting indyb:

My dd is 12 months now and every now and then we will watch some go yabba yabba she loves to dances and bounce around to it too.  You should find some kids music like the fresh beats band or something like that too and let  her listen to that too my dd loves it!

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

baby einsteins are GREAT!!!!! 

marinenonstop
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I think TV its ok as long as they are watching something stimulating and will benefit them. My son only watches nick Jr and educational shows. of course I take him to the movies and stuff but watching educational shows helped him over all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

JEALOUS.  I can't wait 'till we move into a bigger house!  We live in an apartment right now ... she has a nursery that has room to play, but our furniture (we used to live in a big house so we have SOOO much) takes up the whole apartment!  Once we find out where we'll be living (a.k.a. where my hubs job lands him permanently) we'll buy a house.  

Quoting HistoryNutty:

My kid loves that show! We don't watch tv all day long though. We moved into a bigger house with more playroom. We do watch Tangled every morning now. We started watching it in Spanish.

BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I totally agree!  After seeing her light up and bounce around (she even shakes her little head back and forth ... soooo cute), I thought this can't be all bad.  :)  

Quoting marinenonstop:

I think TV its ok ad long add they are watching something stimulating and will benefit them. My son only watches nick Jr and educational shows. of course I take him to the movies and stuff but watching educational shows helped him over all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN