Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you allow others to do this to your child?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 339 Replies

I was reading an article on another mom site and it got me to thinking and curiousity got the best of me again.

Do you allow other people to discipline your child? I don't mean spanking but just like any form of discipline (time outs, telling your child no they cant do something because its not right, etc.)

Like say a babysister, relatives, etc? Do you allow them to discipline your child if they are not behaving? And does it matter if you are there or not?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chickensmommy
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Hell no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristyann
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM
5 moms liked this
If they are at their house and I am not there then yes. Not spanking, I don't so obviously I wouldn't let someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle7777
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM
46 moms liked this

If I trust them enough to leave them with them, I trust them enough to discipline them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes. No spanking but, time out, loss of privileges. That sort of thing.
rockgal81
by Steph on May. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Absolutely! I always tell my daughter and stepson, when we are not here and there is someone else in charge, you WILL follow their rules as if it were our rules. For the most part though, they're really good when other people are watching them. They seem to be the most assholish with us! I guess it's because we're their parents, so they have to test us! lol

couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM

no I do not. that is something for his father and I and close family. i would allow a babysitter to do time outs if we had one

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM
7 moms liked this
My sister and bil. We all work together raising our kids. So, if we're at their house and one of my kids misbehaves, I expect the nearest adult to discipline as needed. They expect the same. It takes a village, imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristyann
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
So if your kid was at your parents house and running around causing trouble you wouldn't allow them to say no or do a time out.

Quoting chickensmommy:

Hell no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
1 mom liked this

if i am not their then i express my permission that they can and how to do it. if i am there then no they do not discipline my son.

1stpreggers
3 moms liked this
This but not spanking.

Quoting elle7777:

If I trust them enough to leave them with them, I trust them enough to discipline them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)