Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeling used

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I have this friend who moved near me. Now it seems like al she does is ask for favors. I don't mind doing things for her now and then but her constant asking makes me feel used. We hvae been friends a really long time. I don't want to end the friendship but I want her to stop asking for so many favors. I also noticed that when I call she will reject it or let it go to voicemail (and then responds to a txt pretty fast) but she has no problem calling me up to ask for something. It has gotten to the point that I sit there and debate answering whne she calls me. Any advice? I'm pretty non confrontational and I don't want her to get mad but I kind of feel like I have a damn good reason to be mad about it. I don't know where to draw the line between being a friend and being helpful and being used.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lauren0305
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I have a friend like that too she even asked me if I could take her kids bc they were removed from her for having a messy house than one night at like 8 pm she asked me I could come help her pack and this was the day after I had come over and brought her to see her daughter. She's constantly asking me for help she asked me to find her an apartment she asked if she could move in with me. Everything that's going on in her life right now is her fault but she acts like people owe her. I've been ignoring her text and calls lately.

couponluv72
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM

politely stop letting her use you by not being able to or available for favors. it wont stop until you make it stop most likely

jridgill
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM
You need to be upfront and honest. If she is a true friend she will understand. I had a friend use me before. She didn't get it at all. We are no longer friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I don't work so other than cleaning the house I don't really have too much to do and she knows that. I also don't want to have to lie to her you know?

Quoting couponluv72:

politely stop letting her use you by not being able to or available for favors. it wont stop until you make it stop most likely

areles
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Woo, do I have a friend like that! And I cannot seem to get rid of her.

Placeholder, I'm comin back to vent about my silly ass user 'friend'! Haha.

No advice. But I'll be reading the thread in case someone has something good! I could use it, too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Bump

Chuckydoodle
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Had a neighbor like that once upon a time. I made the mistake of helping her out one time and suddenly it was a daily thing. Rides here and there, borrowing this or that which was never truely a borrow. Eventually, I just told her I needed her to start giving me some gas money for each trip. And the calls died down a lot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)