Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pizza delivery guy *edit*edit2*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you always tip him? How much?

ETA: what if its a delivery woman? Does that change anything?

Edit2: to those who say gender doesn't matter, what if it was an obviously pregnant woman. Would you tip *her* more?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Replies (61-70):
MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I have delivered in 3 states and only 1 place paid per delivery. It was .75 cents. How are do you think that goes for gas? Drivers depend on tips to support thier families. Most of the time they dont even get full time hours. If you dont want to tip go pick it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe where you live it's not for the driver.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

That is not a tip. The delivery charge isn't for the driver. Some places even print that on the box.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes, depends on if I have cash or not, plus they charge me a delivery charge and they get that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Yes I do. Usually what we order is $13 dollars and some change, so we just give them a $20 and tell them to keep the change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I'm sure, my friend works there, thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure they get it or do you assume they get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

That is not a tip. The delivery charge isn't for the driver. Some places even print that on the box.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes, depends on if I have cash or not, plus they charge me a delivery charge and they get that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM
That sucks. I have had people blatantly tell me they are not tipping because they ”know” I got to keep the $1.50. After explaining to them that, no actually I only get 75 cents they would reply ” so you still get something”. Some people are so cheap!

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

The last place I worked for didnt pay per delivery at all (because the owner is a greedy douche) and the delivery charge was $3. I got a lot of stiffs because of that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed. If they get to keep any of it it is usually only half, and around here that is only $.75 - $1.25 ($1.25 is for farther places though) so no that is not a tip.

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Yup!

jandyrodax
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Always. We usually tip at least $5.00. If the weather is bad we tip more. 

Krissy0509
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

between 2-4.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM
First of all no need to get all pissy, second of all not my problem that some places pay shitty, and third I have a friend that works for the pizza place that I SOMETIMES get delivery from and I KNOW for a FACT that they keep the delivery charge. So get off my back!

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

I have delivered in 3 states and only 1 place paid per delivery. It was .75 cents. How are do you think that goes for gas? Drivers depend on tips to support thier families. Most of the time they dont even get full time hours. If you dont want to tip go pick it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrKennys_Mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM

In high school I used to work at a local pizza place usually taking orders, making pizzas and sandwiches (subs). One night I had to fill in for one of our drivers and I got tipped a joint!!!!!

mumbosauce
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM

yes anywhere fro 2-5 bucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)