Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate my life...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My husband has lied to me since the day we were married. He is not a good father and not a great husband. I am afraid of getting  a divorce because frankly I can control his little interaction with our kds now..If I were to divorce him I couldn't control what would go on. Small things make him yell at them and if I leave him alone with them at all...he doesn't pay any attention to them and let's them do whatever. They are 5 and 3 I feel like I am stuck.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I would go anyway. Staying teaches them it's okay to behave that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadesMum
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM
:( if the only attention the kids get from their father is negative, kick him to the curb. No attemtion is better than bad attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I'm afraid he would be worse with them if I kicked him out. 

Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Honey, do what's best for your kids, you have too. Its hard to do trust me I know. But you can get full primary custody and then every other week visitation for him. Odds are he won't get them, but he might use it to hurt you. You can live with that though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Been there done that. Happily divorced. I can only control what I do. He has to be responsible for what he does. 

Lachrymose
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Can you record his interactions with the kids?  It's tough when you KNOW something is going on or the parent is just neglectful but you do not have hard evidence.. they (CPS, etc.) usually think you are just trying to start drama because of bad blood there.. and then it ends up harming the kids because no one would listen until it was too late..

I would advise either getting it recorded somehow (even just documenting it all in a journal or something) or having a few witnesses who can testify about it.. and then leave him.  Then request supervised visitation. 

I hope whatever you decide works out.. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Thanks I may have to do this he is a pathaological liar so he has some people convinced he is god's gift! 

Quoting Lachrymose:

Can you record his interactions with the kids?  It's tough when you KNOW something is going on or the parent is just neglectful but you do not have hard evidence.. they (CPS, etc.) usually think you are just trying to start drama because of bad blood there.. and then it ends up harming the kids because no one would listen until it was too late..

I would advise either getting it recorded somehow (even just documenting it all in a journal or something) or having a few witnesses who can testify about it.. and then leave him.  Then request supervised visitation. 

Lachrymose
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I know the type.. both male and female.. ahem.. ^.^

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks I may have to do this he is a pathaological liar so he has some people convinced he is god's gift! 

Quoting Lachrymose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN