Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Naked in WalMart? *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so a couple days ago, we were in Walmart (DS, DF & I). Well, we had just picked DS (18mo) up from his grama's house (df's parents) and she gave DS a bag of m&ms, 2 cupcakes, a huge reece cup, and chocolate milk. Yes, she is his grama, but Thats way too much, especially right before bed. DS doesn't eat a lot of sweets. A little here and there, but it always upsets his tummy. Well, here we are in Walmart, and poor DS pukes everywhere! Its all over him! I took him to the bathroom and washed him up best i could and pulled a clean trash bag from the trash can and put his clothes in it. I took him back to the cart, in a diaper and shoes. We hurriedly got the rest of the things we needed and headed to the checkout, Where two other customers and the cashier gave me shitty looks and i heard the customers start mumbling about my baby being poorly taken care of, and how he shouldn't be in Walmart naked. I was beyond pissed. I just walked out, because i knew that if i said anything i would end goin to jail. I don't take well to anyone questioning my parenting because my son is the happiest and smartest
kid i know.

What would you ladies have done?

Edit: Obviously if i knew what all he had, i wouldnt have taken him. He was acting fine till there was vomit everywhere, then called mil and found out what all he had. Sorry we can't all be perfect. Also he's 18 mo. We Dont take extra clothes EVERYWHERE. we had to run in for diapers, wipes, and milk. Things he needed at that moment. Since we all aren't so perfect, we had no choice but to leave him with mil to go done plasma so we could buy those things. Home is a good 45 minute drive from nearest Walmart. Thats why we went on and grabbed our stuff. If it had been the next day, we could have grabbed a little outfit, but seeing as we only had barely enough for diapers, milk, and wipes, we did our best. You dont need to be judgmental and snotty. What person can't see a large trash bag tied shut in my cart with clothes in it?
Also, after he threw up, we were in there 5 minutes before checking out. I think he was just fine half naked for that time. He wasn't crying or anything. Just in his diaper playing with a toy from his bag.

To the moms who understand, thank you for not being assholes.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:28 PM
5 moms liked this

I would have bought one of those $3.50 shirts and dressed my poor kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM
7 moms liked this
I would have left as soon as my child puked. Not collected a few more things.
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Chaotic-
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I would have grabbed clothes and bought them quick to dress him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM
This and I did it once when my DD was an infant and had a diaper blow out. I forgot to double check the diaper bag before I left.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsChairez
This

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have left as soon as my child puked. Not collected a few more things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
Sorry but this.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noneya79
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM

yea that's too much, sounds like something my MIL would do!

eastcoastmama11
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I would have bought clothes to put him in.

nellyb118
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Either leave immediately or buy him a cheap outfit to wear...although 99% of the time I have an extra outfit in the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN