Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

need credit.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I'm trying to build my credit. But no one will give me a simple credit card. I had a car and paid it off. But it wasn't enough. It stinks. I want to have better credit so later in life I can buy a house. How should I try to build my credit.

Getting another car loan is not an option.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
muthrof_2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Capital one credit building credit card... use it for gas, save the money and pay it off each month..not just the minimum. Ours has raised 79 points since Feb 23rd!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Can you please give me some more info on this? Thanks.

Quoting muthrof_2:

Capital one credit building credit card... use it for gas, save the money and pay it off each month..not just the minimum. Ours has raised 79 points since Feb 23rd!:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Yes please share. My credit is horrible we ate talking in the mid 400's horrible my credit union won't even give me loan :( so please share any tips :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you please give me some more info on this? Thanks.

Quoting muthrof_2:

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Try capital one, they offer cards with low credit limits for people who are just starting out. If you can't get them to give you a card, your credit needs help. Then you should get a true credit report (not one offered "free on tv", everyone is entitled to one free true credit report a year) and start cleaning up anything outstanding, one debt at a time. Once you do that, you will probably start getting credit offers, but be careful with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muthrof_2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM
We started out with a credit of 408... they gave dh a card with a 200$ limit.. its not much but for credit repair u don't want a high one.only use what u have cash ON HAND to replace. If ur getting groceries for 130$ cash.. keep the cash and use the card. Send the cash in when u get ur bill. They don't charge interest on what u use, unless there's a remaining balance the day after the bills due. As long as u pay it off ur credit will go up... all u have to do is call Capitol one. Or Capitolone.com find the place that says types of cards..its a credit building card. U can fill out the app there and have an answer within minutes or call in. There was a 59$ fee for the annual fee but its well worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM
The only debt I have is hospital bills. My credit is actually like 600 but I don't have substanial credit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)