Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not a popular opinion... bash if you must

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
4 moms liked this

I think if you are on foodstamps or wic then you should not be able to choose to be a sahm. You should be required to be looking for employment or be enrolled in school. It is not meant to be a  way of life it is supposed to be helping hand while you work to better your life. I would love to be a sahm, but i choose to have these children and so I must work to provide for them.

Edit to add: I failed to take into consideration being disabled, that should be an exception. Also, if you can not afford daycare than you should do online classes.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM
24 moms liked this

I think people should be required to feel empathy for others and not be so quick to judge in order to feel superior to a person who is already down on their luck...

angelbaby1977
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM
7 moms liked this
I think people need to do whatever they feel is right for their families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM

uh huh

AmesGirl
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Agreed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheepy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM

What if your disabled and cant work?

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Its not an ideal situation, but sometimes its needed. I think people should try their hardest to have some type of income, but if you cant do it, then you cant. Raise your kids, and get your ass to work when they reach school age.

Thats my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gomomgomom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
What if child are would eat ur paycheck. These days child care is so expensive it's cheaper to stay home. I agree to some extent. I think they should have much harsher screenings at least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I am on FS and WIC I am Looking for a job and i do want to go to school ! now if my SO had a good enough job that i did not need wic or fs or work yes i would 

Chuckydoodle
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM

As good as that sounds, law makers who have tried to impliment just that have failed. Generally groups like the ACLU and such come in and fight tooth and nail against it. I know in Michigan about 10 years ago they wanted to make it mandatory that if you were recieving cash assistance that you had to agree to 8 hours a week of community service. It was struck down because it was considered unfair to make these parents be away from their children for even 8 hours. Meanwhile, the mothers working 40 hours a week could continue right on working, and not get much assistance at all. 

LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM
9 moms liked this

Too bad the government doesn't care for your opinion. WIC & Food Stamps are for FOOD by the way, they do NOT pay for electricity or rent.

Welfare on the other hand you have to be in school or work. So it's a give & get either way.

It's funny how everyone always says "My taxes go to people on PA," etc. but in all reality you should be yelling at the government as well, they spend it on their hoes and their 200,000 homes & cars!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)