Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Blighted Ovum **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I'm posting this anon because I am so goddamned embarrassed. I went to the doctor yesterday and the doctor said I have what's called a blighted ovum. Of course, she doesn't want to "give up hope" so I am being forced to go through another quantitative Hcg test tomorrow and another ultrasound on Friday. I am so angry at myself, I want to scream and shout and cry and bury myself in a hole and never come out. I feel like I've failed my husband and my family. I don't want another ultrasound, I don't want to see what could have been again! My poor mother has decided to hold out hope, but all I want to do is put this behind me and pretend it never happened. I don't even know if I want to try again after this. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me! No one in my family has trouble with children. They all call pop out three or four and they are all beautiful and healthy, I'm the only loser who can't even do the one thing that makes you a woman. I';m sorry, I have to stop, I can't even see for crying now. I just needed to tell someone how I feel.

**UPDATE**

I am getting my D&C tomorrow. I don't know quite how to express how I'm feeling right now. I lost hope on Tuesday so it's not like this was a surprise, I think I'm more mad that they gave me false hope only to rip it away from me. The midwife I spoke to on Tuesday was nice and she tried to let me down as easily as possible, but the doctor I spoke to today was nothing but a pompas dick and he didn't even bother to give me his full attention while telling me he is going to have to rip my dreams of having a child out of me. Sorry, that was kind of vulgar, but I'm still seething.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oneluckymom23
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Is this your first miscarriage??

My first pregnancy ended the same way. It was so tough for me too. Please don't be so hard on yourself. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM

According to the Dr this counts as my second because my first was a chemical pregnancy and she was talking genetic counseling!

Quoting oneluckymom23:

My first pregnancy ended the same way. It was so tough for me too. Please don't be so hard on yourself. *hugs*

MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I just had a miscarriage in January and I had some of those same feelings, I know your anon but I'm here I'd you want to talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Maybe it's just too early. How far are you (according to your LMP)? Some doctors think because they've spent so long in medical school their diagnosis are right all the time.

blessedwith
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I've had 2, ask your doc about taking progesterone as soon as you get a positive test to support the pregnancy until the end of the 1st trimester

Rachellee12
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

all i can say is hugs. i have never been in your shoes, but i feel horrible for you. i hope all turns out for the best.

Have you had an ultrasound to know for sure?

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Same here.

Quoting oneluckymom23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM

9 wks but the ultrasound tech said I had the uterus measurements of 6 weeks and the one thing they could find that looked like it may have been a baby was 6 wks.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Maybe it's just too early. How far are you (according to your LMP)? Some doctors think because they've spent so long in medical school their diagnosis are right all the time.

oneluckymom23
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I know it's hard but don't stress!!!! A lot of woman have to deal with this.

It was hard for me too. I cried for almost a week straight off and on. *big hugs*

Quoting Anonymous:

According to the Dr this counts as my second because my first was a chemical pregnancy and she was talking genetic counseling!

Quoting oneluckymom23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Oh I see.
Best wishes to you and your fam!

Quoting Anonymous:

9 wks but the ultrasound tech said I had the uterus measurements of 6 weeks and the one thing they could find that looked like it may have been a baby was 6 wks.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)