Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel sorry for teen moms.

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 169 Replies
6 moms liked this

Not all but a lot of teen moms on this site just make me sad. They have no idea what they are doing. No matter how many times they post that they have great jobs, great lives and so on and so forth, I just can't see it. I understand that the party life isn't for every 20 year old but I just can't imagine having no choice in the matter because there is a child at home depending on me.  Sure some teen moms are better than old moms but you can't tell me that the majority of 16 year olds are mature enough to be moms. And the ones who are mature enough aren't the ones going out and getting pregnant. No situation is black and white, I know this. Every situation is different so this is just in general. Please note that before you get all offended because you were the best 13 year old mom out there. 

by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyDamien13107
by Mrs.C on May. 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM
15 moms liked this
Hmmm, I could say that about plenty of moms on CM not just teen moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I was a teen mom, and I totally agree with you!

lusyl95
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree, I lived and enjoyed my teenage years before becoming mom..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I feel bad for them too. I partied my teen years, they are changing diapers at 3am.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

same here...  most of them, nearly ALL, have no means other than various forms of welfare to support a child... the child's life is doomed.. as is momma's!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 19 when my son was born but I never wanted to go "party" that wasn't my thing. I am completely happy with the way my life has turned out. I wouldn't change anything.
addiecakesmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Quoting wkukid:

I feel bad for them too. I partied my teen years, they are changing diapers at 3am.

At 13 I became a big sister for the first time and I would get upset if my dad or stepmom asked me to take one of the kids for a walk. I can't imagine if I had to actually take care of them! lol 

DuchessTara
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a teen mom, and I was not mature enough. I didnt' even properly bond with him the whole first year. It took me that whole year for the whole concept of being a mom to even 'register'... I didn't understand why all my friends were suddenly gone when he was born.. I didn't understand why I got left out for prom, and kicked out of my youth group when he was born... I was still trying to live in a 16 yr olds world while I was living in an adultworld. It was very hard and confusing for me. But I grew up eventually, had more kids and turned out to be a good mom anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I was only 19 when I conceived and gave birth to ds. I've never had a great desire to party or even really go out. I chose to get pregnant when I did, and don't regret it. I was married, tho, so I've never been on my own either. Dh always gives me a break to go out for coffee with friends when I need an hour of peace.
addiecakesmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was 19 when my son was born but I never wanted to go "party" that wasn't my thing. I am completely happy with the way my life has turned out. I wouldn't change anything.

My teen and young adult years were more than just partying. It's about growing as an individual and I would find that almost impossible when you have a child to consider. Glad it worked out for you though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)