Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much formula do you get from WIC?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It seems like women around my area are selling formula left and right on Craigslist so it makes me wonder how much formula these people are getting. If you're on WIC how much formula do you get and how old is your baby?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM
how do you get so much???

Quoting xtc88:

31 13 fl oz cans a month
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing I breastfeed
armyvet06
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM
This right here. The cans were tiny and I almost always had to buy more before I was able to use the next months coupons.

Quoting babid14:

i got 9 cans a month until she turned 6 months an started eating baby food then it went down to 7 cans a month

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dsebastian23
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM

7 cans of gerber good start gentle, 32 jars of baby food and 3 boxes of baby cereal. Hes 7 months

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM

we only supplement. i told them he only get formula once every few days and only a few ounces. he is 2 months old. they gave me 4 cans a month!! that is insane! i probably will maybe use one can a month. i dont get it! ... i honestly feel like that is way too much and plan to tell them that he isnt getting formula at all at my next appointment. it feels like such a waste. especially because if you try to sell the extra, a)you can get in trouble for fraud, b) that is just wrong because you get it for free, c) no one will buy it because they think you got it for free (this happens even if you buy formula and try to sell -like if you buy two cans and then find out that baby doesnt like it all of a sudden, or whatever) ..... so yeah... wic gives out a lot of formula.  i will probably hold onto these 4 cans and then they will last me for atleast 4 months. 

BUT, have to say, just because someone is selling formula on cl doesnt mean they got it for free on wic. maybe they got samples and dont need itor it was given as a gift, or  they bought enough for a month, and then found out that baby needs a different kind or something else... i hate when people assume that someone selling formula got it for free.

Fallaya
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Well, some of those women are breastfeeding, but they tell WIC they are formula feeding.  So, WIC gives them formula, and they sell it on Craigslist.

cassie19831
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I got 9 cans a month then it reduced to 7. They are smaller but we still spend money on formula a month. We never once have had extra.

tonesofhome
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

this

Quoting babid14:

i got 9 cans a month until she turned 6 months an started eating baby food then it went down to 7 cans a month

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Why must they be on wic to be selling formula ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM

My daughter got 11 cans a month until she was 7 months old. Then she got 9 cans and baby food until 1.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)