Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She gave my child a Jesus Loves You bunny. *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies
My child was give a bunny that has Jesus Lives Me stitched on it and sings "Jesus loves me cause the bible tells me so" by great-grandma today. She knows we're Jewish. I didn't want to insult or upset her so I just smiled and said thank you, but what am I supposed to do with this thing now?

*Edit*
First of all, I NEVER said I had any thing against other religions, I just said it made me a bit uncomfortable. I have choosen to raise my child in the same religion I was raised in. If my child askes my to stop teaching Judism then I will, but until that point that's what I'm teaching. I am also teaching my child to respect other's beliefs, even if they are not our own. No religion is wrong to the person who believes it and no one has the right to tell any one that what they believe in is wrong!

Second, Jewish people believe Jesus was just a man, maybe a prophet, but NOT the messiah. The Jewish people do not believe the messiah has come yet!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littleacorn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM
4 moms liked this
Find a doll's shirt that would fit it and disable the singing function.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM
10 moms liked this
Convert? Lol. Jk
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Gotta take it apart to do that.

Quoting littleacorn:

Find a doll's shirt that would fit it and disable the singing function.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Lol. She's asked me once or twice about Christianing or Baptism, don't know which is which. I just change the subject.

Quoting Anonymous:

Convert? Lol. Jk
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol.

One of my daughters is an Atheist. She has a friend (let's call this friend 'Sally') who is Hindu. Sally purchased that same bunny as a gift for my daughter's little girl. My grand daughter is crazy about that thing and makes it proselytize for hours on end everyday. My daughter doesn't want to upset her child by taking it away and so she silently endures it's dogma.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Give it to a shelter or the salvation army or something.

Unless that would upset your kiddo. Then just use it as a teaching tool.

MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
4 moms liked this

How old is the child?  It would be a good opportunity (age appropriately of course) to discuss diversity and reaffirm your beliefs. 

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet if your poured water on it the voice would die. then cover up with doll clothes

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM
A bit too young to really understand completely yet.

Quoting MommySwiggles:

How old is the child?  It would be a good opportunity (age appropriately of course) to discuss diversity and reaffirm your beliefs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM

buy and give your son different toy bunny or something he would like better.

hide the other bunny in a closet in case she asks about it. If son asks were the bunny is you can distract him, play dumb and tell him your not sure, or tell him the bunny left to visit his family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured