Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like I'm not going anywhere...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I got pregnant when I was 19. I withdrew from college to work full time since my husband was just about finished with his schooling and I had just started. I didn't want to put more on him since he was so close to graduating. He graduated, got a good job & I've been a SAHM for 2 years now. I went back to school in Janurary. I worked around his schedule, to avoid cost of daycare/babysitters, and I was doing great in all of my classes. Well 2 months ago I started having medical issues & doctors couldn't figure out what was happening with me. I had to withdraw from all but one of my classes (one of the teachers is working with me) since it's so close to the end of the semester and my teachers and I decided it was better than messing up my GPA. Point of this is I feel like I'm not going anywhere with my life. I love being a wife and mother. I am so thankful that I've been able to be home with my child and know that bills are getting paid and food is put on the table. I just feel like a failure sometimes.. I feel like its going to take me forever to get where I want to. Seems like there's always some sort of roadblock.

With that being said.. I do know that I made my own decisions and I could have pushed through school to be done now. I did what I felt was right. I'm just a little frustrated right now.

Ahh okay vent over.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Hugs. I feel your pain. I'm 26, an LPN and about to start school for my RN. It sucks that I didn't finish before I had dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Take one day at a time.... keep moving forward. You are actually doing good. :)
Luna091306
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I am in the same boat. I started school in 2006 and I'm only about halfway done. Road blocks all of the time. I was going to try to get into an LPN program this fall since my dd was going to Kindergarten all day and I didn't have to worry about daycare. Then I found out I was pregnant. We will both get there one day. Don't give up!

tth328
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I feel the same way.. I was one year away from finishing the RN program then we moved. Before that I was accepted into a different RN program but moved too. Now I feel like I'll be in my 30's before I'll ever be a nurse.

As long as you keep trying then one day you will get there. Keep your goal in mind and it will help keep motivate you toward it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quoting LaughCryLive:

Hugs. I feel your pain. I'm 26, an LPN and about to start school for my RN. It sucks that I didn't finish before I had dd.

I'm actually on the fence between going for the LPN program and then going back or just doing the RN program. Good luck with the schooling! I hope it goes well!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Quoting Luna091306:

Β I am in the same boat. I started school in 2006 and I'm only about halfway done. Road blocks all of the time. I was going to try to get into an LPN program this fall since my dd was going to Kindergarten all day and I didn't have to worry about daycare. Then I found out I was pregnant. We will both get there one day. Don't give up!

Congrats on being pregnant! And thank you, you don't give up either! I'm sure it'll all work out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Quoting tth328:

I feel the same way.. I was one year away from finishing the RN program then we moved. Before that I was accepted into a different RN program but moved too. Now I feel like I'll be in my 30's before I'll ever be a nurse.

As long as you keep trying then one day you will get there. Keep your goal in mind and it will help keep motivate you toward it.

Oh man. I'm sure that must be frustrating! Can your credits transfer?
Luna091306
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Luna091306:

I am in the same boat. I started school in 2006 and I'm only about halfway done. Road blocks all of the time. I was going to try to get into an LPN program this fall since my dd was going to Kindergarten all day and I didn't have to worry about daycare. Then I found out I was pregnant. We will both get there one day. Don't give up!

Congrats on being pregnant! And thank you, you don't give up either! I'm sure it'll all work out!

Thanks! :) It was a huge surprise but a good one.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Miss-B
by β™₯Divaliciousβ™₯ on May. 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Take one day at a time.... keep moving forward. You are actually doing good. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

1, you are only a failure if you dont go back and try again

2, Good luck mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN