Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i guess im a b!tch because. WWYD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Back story. My DS keeps trying to get out the house at night. I went to Lowes called dh and told him I bought a chain for the door. Its been two weeks. I asked him almost every day to put it up. Last night I put it and the drill on the kitchen table. He looked at it and did nothing. So my mil was over today and I asked her if Fil could put it up. She called him and on his lunch break he came right over and put it up.

Dh is now home and pissed. He said it wasn't my place to ask. I said well I rather have you pissed then have our son on the back of a milk carton.

Would you have done the same?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Replies (51-58):
LiliM
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Absolutely.  My kids were great at getting out of their cribs, past the child safety thing on the door knob, and wandering around the house.

Our house came with the latches on all doors to the outside that were up high.  Good thing.  Those stopped my kids on more than one occasion.

Why did your DH so studiously ignore you?  Did he just not want to do it and hope that ignoring you and the drill on the table last night would make it go away?  Why not just say to you, Honey, I am not sure I want to do this, and have discussion?

I have to admit, I would take it as you did, that he didn't plan on doing it, and either do it myself, or get help, as you did.

Do you think he is mad because he feels you went around him as man of the house, or because you let his parents know he wasn't taking care of this?

LoriR27
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Definitely would have done the same as you! Good for you hun!!

tth328
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:11 PM
He's mad cause now his parents know he's a lazy ass and doesn't help out as a husband and father. And I would've done the same and drill his ass to a tree. My husband know that if I have to ask more than three times shit is gonna hit the fan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FranciRed
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I would have done the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on May. 2, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Id have done the same and im glad he is embarrased so now he knows to not postpone things and save the embarrasment and a save child ::)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:58 PM

No, I would have just put it up mself. But I don't think what you did was wrong either.

kittysRcute7
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM

they are your family too now, so of course it was "your place'' to ask for a favor. He just sounds like he's butt hurt that his dad kinda showed him up. Tell him to take lessons =P

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Would I have done the same? Absolutely. 

He is just embarrassed his dad had to come over and do something he failed to do, and now he feels like it made him look lazy...which he was being lazy, soo....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)