Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my sister maybe facing criminal charges :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My little sister is sixteen about to be seventeen and in high school. She came across two girls fist fighting in the hallway in school. The only faculty member there was a seven month pregnant teacher that was trying to separate the girls. The girls were punching and kicking so my sister jumped in and put herself between the girls fighting and the teacher. She was trying to protect the teacher and trying to separate the girls. Another student grabbed my sister by her hair and began punching her in the face. My sister fought back screaming for the girl to let her go. The lunch lady came and grabbed my sister...however my sister didn't realize who was grabbing her and struck the lunch lady. She did apologize and said she was not aware of who grabbed her but the lunch lady wants her expelled and charges pressed. my mother has a hearing with the police and executive office of student suspensions. The pregnant teacher said that my sister should not have gotten involved....but she was just trying to protect get and the baby.... Ugh this is such a tough one.

Update, there are no criminal charges being pressed because the lunch lady said she understood what happened. She is suspended for one week but has to attend a detention center high school that is operated by the executive office of school suspension. She can not have a cellphone in that school..wear make up and she will be searched everyday when she enters. She's very scared odd the type of kids that will be there but she is taking her punishment.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Lauren0305
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM

That sucks hopefully she wont get arrested but chances are good she will but she can fight that in court and get it dropped. I was in a similar situation with my ex dh and the charges were dropped bc I was defending myself it just sucks to even have to get arrested to begin with.

AmandaMaeBell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Thanks OP.  Hoping and praying for the best!

Quoting Anonymous:

I will def update tomorrow after I find out what happened at the meeting. I am proud of her for trying to help.

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

Kuddos to your sister!!!!  I think she done the right thing.  She didn't intentional hit the lunch lady!  It's sad tho, that she may get into trouble for helping a pregnant woman.  Update please!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I think she should've thought about what she was saying...my sister was very angry that she shouldn't have gotten involved..she was just trying to help.

Quoting Derari:

Wow, I wish the preggers teacher would have said something like, although she was trying to help me she should have got help instead. I hope she can shed some light on the matter so your sis doesn't get into trouble...man, sounds like a wrestling match.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Omg I really hope not. She wants to join the military and assault charges can ruin that.

Quoting Lauren0305:

That sucks hopefully she wont get arrested but chances are good she will but she can fight that in court and get it dropped. I was in a similar situation with my ex dh and the charges were dropped bc I was defending myself it just sucks to even have to get arrested to begin with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 10:43 PM

If the story is true the lunch lady needs to get over it. The pregnant teacher should at least be thankful that someone tried to step in and protect her as she (the teacher) could have really gotten hurt had one or both of the other girls hit her in the stomach. 

My son got jumped once in our neighborhood and it just so happened that my husband was pulling into the neighborhood and saw what was going on. He jumped out of his work truck to try to break up the fight and one of the guys jumped on my husband. Their sister was involved in this as well (it was 2 guys and 1 girl who jumped my son) and she tried to say my husband hit her when he didn't. He actually didn't hit anyone, he was just trying to break up the fight. Well, my husband had to turn himself in at the jail and make bail. It sucked. But when they finally went to court the judge ripped the 2 guys and the girl as well as their mother a new one and let my husband go. 

Good luck to your sister. 

Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:43 PM
No charges, good for your sister
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Agreed the better option was for her to get another teacher..but she was just thinking about the baby.

Quoting miss_lisa:

Hmmm, I don't think your sister should be expelled or face criminal charges but I don't think she handled the situation correctly either. She should have gotten another teacher rather than getting involved. The pregnant teacher should have also done the same.

poietes
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Crazy, I hope it turns out ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Omg that's crazy about your dh...im glad it worked out!! I hope your son is ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

If the story is true the lunch lady needs to get over it. The pregnant teacher should at least be thankful that someone tried to step in and protect her as she (the teacher) could have really gotten hurt had one or both of the other girls hit her in the stomach. 

My son got jumped once in our neighborhood and it just so happened that my husband was pulling into the neighborhood and saw what was going on. He jumped out of his work truck to try to break up the fight and one of the guys jumped on my husband. Their sister was involved in this as well (it was 2 guys and 1 girl who jumped my son) and she tried to say my husband hit her when he didn't. He actually didn't hit anyone, he was just trying to break up the fight. Well, my husband had to turn himself in at the jail and make bail. It sucked. But when they finally went to court the judge ripped the 2 guys and the girl as well as their mother a new one and let my husband go. 

Good luck to your sister. 

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I'm sure the teacher can explain what happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN