Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my sister maybe facing criminal charges :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My little sister is sixteen about to be seventeen and in high school. She came across two girls fist fighting in the hallway in school. The only faculty member there was a seven month pregnant teacher that was trying to separate the girls. The girls were punching and kicking so my sister jumped in and put herself between the girls fighting and the teacher. She was trying to protect the teacher and trying to separate the girls. Another student grabbed my sister by her hair and began punching her in the face. My sister fought back screaming for the girl to let her go. The lunch lady came and grabbed my sister...however my sister didn't realize who was grabbing her and struck the lunch lady. She did apologize and said she was not aware of who grabbed her but the lunch lady wants her expelled and charges pressed. my mother has a hearing with the police and executive office of student suspensions. The pregnant teacher said that my sister should not have gotten involved....but she was just trying to protect get and the baby.... Ugh this is such a tough one.

Update, there are no criminal charges being pressed because the lunch lady said she understood what happened. She is suspended for one week but has to attend a detention center high school that is operated by the executive office of school suspension. She can not have a cellphone in that school..wear make up and she will be searched everyday when she enters. She's very scared odd the type of kids that will be there but she is taking her punishment.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
pampire
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM

why didn't the prego teacher get help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Idk..lord knows if it was me and I was pregnant I would not have physically got in

Quoting pampire:

why didn't the prego teacher get help?

OopsIAteDaffy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Wtf. Lunch lady needs to be bitch slapped. Sigh. Sadly this is how it is in schools now, the good kids always being punished when the bad kids get to do whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM

First off, the pregnant teacher was stupid for trying to break up a cat fight, WHILE pregnant. She should have went and got help. Second, your sister should have went for help and not got in the middle of it. I will say, I think the pregnant teacher should go to bat for your sister, after all she was doing what she thought was right. Making sure the pregnant teacher didn't get herself hurt. As for the lunch lady, she is an idiot. She shouldnt have grabbed someone and not expect to get hit. Sounds like she just doesn't like teens.

Christine0813
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Quoting miss_lisa:

Hmmm, I don't think your sister should be expelled or face criminal charges but I don't think she handled the situation correctly either. She should have gotten another teacher rather than getting involved. The pregnant teacher should have also done the same.

merinasmommy
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:07 AM
That's not right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM

You sister shouldn't have gotten involved point blank. She put herself in the situation unfortunately that went wrong. Because she was too much into the fight she didn't realize who was grabbing her.... hence for all the lunch lady, who came after the fact, knows your sister was part of the problem. She punched an adult... And deserves the consequences... whatever the school system deems in the situation. I wouldn't be surpirsed if the lunch lady also sued. 

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM

If it really happened like you said it did then I doubt she has much to worry about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I agree with pregnant teacher your sister should have went to get another adult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 8:10 AM
At my HS anyone who threw a punch was arrested immediately, no questions asked. So, if they have the same sort of rules, she coul be SOL. and, the lunch lady has every right to press charges. Your sister has the best intentions, but people are a-holes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)