Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my sister maybe facing criminal charges :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My little sister is sixteen about to be seventeen and in high school. She came across two girls fist fighting in the hallway in school. The only faculty member there was a seven month pregnant teacher that was trying to separate the girls. The girls were punching and kicking so my sister jumped in and put herself between the girls fighting and the teacher. She was trying to protect the teacher and trying to separate the girls. Another student grabbed my sister by her hair and began punching her in the face. My sister fought back screaming for the girl to let her go. The lunch lady came and grabbed my sister...however my sister didn't realize who was grabbing her and struck the lunch lady. She did apologize and said she was not aware of who grabbed her but the lunch lady wants her expelled and charges pressed. my mother has a hearing with the police and executive office of student suspensions. The pregnant teacher said that my sister should not have gotten involved....but she was just trying to protect get and the baby.... Ugh this is such a tough one.

Update, there are no criminal charges being pressed because the lunch lady said she understood what happened. She is suspended for one week but has to attend a detention center high school that is operated by the executive office of school suspension. She can not have a cellphone in that school..wear make up and she will be searched everyday when she enters. She's very scared odd the type of kids that will be there but she is taking her punishment.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (51-59):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Your sister was trying to do the right thing and then defended herself. I hope that is shown in court. You'd think the pregnant teacher would appreciate it. HUGS and I hope it works out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 3, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Can't wait for update
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Oh and I can totally see how the girl could accidently punch the lunch lady not knowing who grabbed her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 3, 2012 at 8:13 AM
She DID the right thing

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

Kuddos to your sister!!!!  I think she done the right thing.  She didn't intentional hit the lunch lady!  It's sad tho, that she may get into trouble for helping a pregnant woman.  Update please!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Your entitled to your opinion..I respectfully disagree that she deserves any more punishment other than a small three day suspension at most. As far add the lynch lady suing...really??? She put herself into the fight...knowingly endangered herself. She wouldn't Get much.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

You sister shouldn't have gotten involved point blank. She put herself in the situation unfortunately that went wrong. Because she was too much into the fight she didn't realize who was grabbing her.... hence for all the lunch lady, who came after the fact, knows your sister was part of the problem. She punched an adult... And deserves the consequences... whatever the school system deems in the situation. I wouldn't be surpirsed if the lunch lady also sued. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 8:15 AM
My parents..sister..lunch lady..and pregnant teacher are at the hearing right now...my stomach is in knots!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Can't wait for update

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 3, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I don't believe your sister should be expelled. Most likely suspeneded... But in the real world... What do you think would happen to her? I taught middle school, high school and college. Trust me the lunch lady can sue. She had the responsbility to protect students as school staff... How pissed off do you think parents would be if adults in the situation did not attempt to break up the fight? Your sister doesn't have the responsbility. I said I wouldn't be surprised... doesn't mean I agree that she should sue you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Your entitled to your opinion..I respectfully disagree that she deserves any more punishment other than a small three day suspension at most. As far add the lynch lady suing...really??? She put herself into the fight...knowingly endangered herself. She wouldn't Get much.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

You sister shouldn't have gotten involved point blank. She put herself in the situation unfortunately that went wrong. Because she was too much into the fight she didn't realize who was grabbing her.... hence for all the lunch lady, who came after the fact, knows your sister was part of the problem. She punched an adult... And deserves the consequences... whatever the school system deems in the situation. I wouldn't be surpirsed if the lunch lady also sued. 

tina08mommy
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM
She shouldn't get expelled or have charges brought against her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Bump for update
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)