Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Failure to Thrive/GERD Baby...Then and Now ;) *PICS*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just looking back at old pictures tonight and am SO thankful that my little man has over come so much! This is him with Failure to Thrive and Severe GERD

Now 9 Months, 4 hospitalizations, and a surgery later, here he is =) Happy, walking, and even starting to talk!

I just HAD to share. I am SO proud of him!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
KedrynsMommie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM
What surgery did your ds have?

Kedryn had a fundo and has a gtube.. he eats solids by mouth but just doesnt seem to gain! He will be 2 in june and weighs 17lbs.

Right now the fundo and omeprazole are doing wonders for his gerd... but when it flares up bad i give him caffiene free chamomile tea!

Quoting Ctink8189:

I know what you are going through in that case! Yes, he did have a gtube for about 6 months and after his surgery it took him a good while to start feeding by mouth again. What are they doing for your little guy? Trying meds, weighing down the formulas? I hope that his does not come down to surgery, but if it ever comes to that, please know that it was the absolute BEST decision we have ever made for him. 

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

My son has ftt and gerd (+ other issues) did yours require a gtube? If not how did you get calories in him?

He looks to be doing awesome mama!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM

So precious. The pictures of him when he was so tiny made me just want to snuggle him. 

AmandaMaeBell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Awwww!  That's great!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM
What a cutie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is my FTT girl :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

omg he is so adorble!

so glad he is doing better momma <3

Ctink8189
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Same exact thing.. fundo and gtube (he got the tube same time as the fundo).. does he have any food allergies that you are aware of? The doc is recommending that Owen stays on toddler formula until atleast 2 (added into his normal diet of table foods of course). Maybe talk to your doc about that. There are ways to make it taste better for him as well

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

What surgery did your ds have?

Kedryn had a fundo and has a gtube.. he eats solids by mouth but just doesnt seem to gain! He will be 2 in june and weighs 17lbs.

Right now the fundo and omeprazole are doing wonders for his gerd... but when it flares up bad i give him caffiene free chamomile tea!

Quoting Ctink8189:

I know what you are going through in that case! Yes, he did have a gtube for about 6 months and after his surgery it took him a good while to start feeding by mouth again. What are they doing for your little guy? Trying meds, weighing down the formulas? I hope that his does not come down to surgery, but if it ever comes to that, please know that it was the absolute BEST decision we have ever made for him. 

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

My son has ftt and gerd (+ other issues) did yours require a gtube? If not how did you get calories in him?

He looks to be doing awesome mama!!

Ctink8189
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I feel a little crappy for leaving out his brother.. so here is a picture of them both! 

pampire
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM

good

Monamou
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Wow thats super. You rock mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)