Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do they have a right to keep my grandson from me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies
1 mom liked this

for starters i dont speak english very good so if i mess up im sorry

so over the weekend my son and his wife and their son came over to visit, while my son and my dil were out at target i cut my grandsons hair, my son was the one who noticed it first and told his wife and she now wont bring the baby over here anymore my son comes over by himself and his excuse is "you gave our son juice and cut his hair with out permission and i told you he cant have juice yet, multiple times"

do we have any rights to see the baby or can they just cut us off just like that? we live in california

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diamondsetter
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
13 moms liked this
Oh geez...you're one of THOSE grandmas...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Grandparents don't have rights...

La-Belle-Vie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
In some states they do actually

Quoting Anonymous:

Grandparents don't have rights...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A_Zmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think you have rights, he is their child. And what were you thinking cutting his hair?! I wouldn't let my kids around my parents of they did stuff like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mare1180
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow, can you blame them???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursetiffany.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM
4 moms liked this
Well for one, you are not the parent so follow the parents instructions...id be pissed that you do what I told you not to too. I'm sure they are just angry right now and it will blow over...but no I wouldn't leave my child with my parents if they deliberatly did something I asked them not to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.miller89
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Um yeah...

I personally would be very upset if my mom cut my daughter's hair without telling me. And giving him juice before he's ready can cause lots of problems. My daughter is 18 months and the doctor still says to only give her a small amount of juice a day.

I don't know if I would keep my daughter from my mom or mother-in-law, but they definitely have every right to do as they please with their son. He is THEIR son, not yours.

La-Belle-Vie
13 moms liked this
I would call and apologize to your dil! You don't get to make those decisions, it isn't our child. You respect their wishes with their child, I can't blame her to be honest, you lost her trust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma129
3 moms liked this
Don't you think you were out of place cutting his hair? Especially without his parents permission? Your not the child's mother. Your a grandparent. Learn your place if you want to see him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Quoting A_Zmom:

I don't think you have rights, he is their child. And what were you thinking cutting his hair?! I wouldn't let my kids around my parents of they did stuff like that

his great grandparents on my dil's side did it too and they take him over there all the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured