Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm pregnant & can't quit smoking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
I feel so terrible but I don't even have the desire to quit! Unfortunately it seems to help my nausea so I feel slightly better after I have one. I'm still smoking 10+ cigs a day. I'm almost 12 weeks & have actually known I am pregnant for almost 2 months. I can't blame my dh 100% for my inability to quit but he's still smoking & kind of has a "eh, whatever, my mom smoked with me" attitude. He says he'll quit but isn't making any effort.
I've been trying hypnosis and it does not seem to be making any difference. I will not be telling my doc either as I'm hoping to just f***ing grow up & stop! Any advice or whatever you got is appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.ZombieGirl.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have cerebral palsy because I had a stroke in utero because my mom smoked when she was pregnant with me.....Something to think about. Tell him to stop with you for the health of your unborn. That should be important enough. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Its hard to quit if you still enjoy smoking. I had that problem when I was prego. Have you thought of maybe the electronic cigarettes, i dont know much about them but i know theyre supposed to be healthier, idk about pregnant though, and ive heard they help in quitting. Maybe you could look it up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

wow... thats so stupid of you for killing your new born and deforming it before it has a chance in the world...

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this
If you are going to smoke you need to at least tell your dr, plus he may give you advice for quitting. maybe try cutting back a little each wk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursetiffany.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Yikes!

Quoting .ZombieGirl.:

I have cerebral palsy because I had a stroke in utero because my mom smoked when she was pregnant with me.....Something to think about. Tell him to stop with you for the health of your unborn. That should be important enough. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicmain
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Tell your dr!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I know you dont want to, but you should say something to your dr, for your babies health. He/She will most likely be able to help. Dont put your own pride before your baby!

samirahk
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Your doctor shouldn't make you feel uncomfortable and it's way more common then you think. He should be able to help you stop

Quoting Kaylawv2:

If you are going to smoke you need to at least tell your dr, plus he may give you advice for quitting. maybe try cutting back a little each wk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
method209
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Look into laser therapy, worked wonders for dh and I.
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM
wow that speaks volumes! how do u feel about ur mother?

Quoting .ZombieGirl.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN