Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

two problems with the car.

1) the tire rod is almost broken. the drive to work is about 35 minutes each way, including the highway

2) tags are expired. 'nuff said.

to get the rod fixed, it can cost between $160-$350.... the $160- i've never let this guy work on my car, but he works WITH the person who does my car... the $350 is with my regular car maintance guy.

to get the tags, it'll be about $200.

if the rod breaks- i have no way to my job to afford getting it fixed.... if i get pulled over with the expired tags, i think its a citation... and possible arrest..? never been in that situation before.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Youll get a ticket. Bus?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
you have to do them both. how long before u can get the tabs? i say go with the cheaper guy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM

the city bus where i live doesnt go into the city that i work in.. the city that i work in, doesnt even have buses! the last stop thats CLOSEST to my job, is still about a 10 min drive to my work (which will be longer if i have to walk it)

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Youll get a ticket. Bus?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM

the tags, i THINK i could do them this weekend, but that means not paying my student loans- which right now, i'm on a program, where if i pay weekly for 3 months, i'll be able to re-apply for student loans and start in the fall-- which i'm REALLY hoping for.

Quoting stickyfingers:

you have to do them both. how long before u can get the tabs? i say go with the cheaper guy...

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:48 PM
ok thats tough. call the student loan place and see what they can do.

Quoting Anonymous:

the tags, i THINK i could do them this weekend, but that means not paying my student loans- which right now, i'm on a program, where if i pay weekly for 3 months, i'll be able to re-apply for student loans and start in the fall-- which i'm REALLY hoping for.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured