Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

San Diego Zoo or SeaWorld?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are going on a family vacation with our 12 month old. Should we go to the San Diego Zoo or SeaWorld? We don't have time to do both. Also should we stay at Mission Beach or La Jolla? Which is more beautiful?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
Bird16_J
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM

You're welcome! That sounds like fun! I know my kiddo's would love to go to Disneyworld but we're moving to Germany this year (hubby's military) so that unfortunately will have to wait a little while lol My kiddo's love mickey mouse too!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks I can't wait :) we're going to Disneyland too. DS already loves Mickey Mouse lol

Quoting Bird16_J:

I've been to Sea World with my kiddo's when my twin girls were around a year old. I loved it and they enjoyed it too! :) I say Sea World! lol I've only driven in the area of La Jolla and haven't really stayed there because my ex and I were stationed in California and were close enough to Sea World to drive down there and then home. I hope you enjoy your trip though! :) Good luck in deciding on what you want to do!

Kaelaknowsitall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM
We just went to Disneyland last Friday and Ssn Diego zoo on Saturday, the zoo was ok- I probably won't go again. I vote sea world. :)
Ajohnson2334
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Been to both twice and sea world rocked!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeremy1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM
I lived in san Diego for a long time . La jolla beach I personally think is prettier and I would say sea world is a lot more fun then the zoo is my kids have more fun at sea world
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I've been to Germany several times, we have lots of family in Europe. Good luck with the move!

Quoting Bird16_J:

You're welcome! That sounds like fun! I know my kiddo's would love to go to Disneyworld but we're moving to Germany this year (hubby's military) so that unfortunately will have to wait a little while lol My kiddo's love mickey mouse too!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks I can't wait :) we're going to Disneyland too. DS already loves Mickey Mouse lol

Quoting Bird16_J:

I've been to Sea World with my kiddo's when my twin girls were around a year old. I loved it and they enjoyed it too! :) I say Sea World! lol I've only driven in the area of La Jolla and haven't really stayed there because my ex and I were stationed in California and were close enough to Sea World to drive down there and then home. I hope you enjoy your trip though! :) Good luck in deciding on what you want to do!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Zoo there's more to see
Bird16_J
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Thanks! And that's pretty awesome you have family over there! Free places to stay when you go! lol ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been to Germany several times, we have lots of family in Europe. Good luck with the move!

Quoting Bird16_J:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bird16_J:

bellawomen
by Summer on May. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Depends when you are coming. If it was the autumn months or soon I would say the Safari Park. Its very unique and a bit out of the way, but so worth it. I love Se World too though.

I think Mission Beach has a lot more family activities. Also hit up Old Town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Lol! I haven't been in years. My grandparents want me to go next year for their 60 wedding anniversary. They want to meet my son before they die :( in their 80s so I understand!

Quoting Bird16_J:

Thanks! And that's pretty awesome you have family over there! Free places to stay when you go! lol ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bird16_J:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bird16_J:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I am a native san diegan and for a child that is 12 months, sea world would be more stimulating for your child. stay in mission beach if you have the money, hotel circle gives you easier access to all attractions at a cheaper rate. The beach is hard to get in and out of on a weekend. That is if you are interested in seeing different san diego attractions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)