Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why doesn't anyone ever attack the other religions?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If, as an atheist, you really believe there is no God, or Gods, why is that they only attack Christianity?  No one ever calls eating Kosher silly or stupid. No one ever points out the Muslim is a religion that claims you have to kill all infidels or you don't get in to Heaven and then says "Funny there is no Heaven or virgins waiting for you, Ha Ha!"No one ever calls Buddha a liar or says anything derogatory about Hinduiism. I just see post after post about how stupid Christians are with their "zombie Jesus" and stupid holidays.I know there is a lot of things that are debatable about CHristianity, that's not the point of this post, so let's try to stay on track and focus on the real question.

So, atheists, or anyone really, why don't you attack the other religions and tell us all about how stupid and pointless they are, too?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

an educated Atheist also know why it's celebrated on that day, deception and dishonesty on the church's

part, which makes it even worse.  They can't even make up creative lies, never mind an original story.

The fact that Christians STILL celebrate it on the 25th just shows they're not willing to step away from the

deception and think for themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

An educated atheist knows Jesus was not BORN on December 25. I mention atheism since the pic is from an atheist site.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not that special, huh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Because Christians attack Us all the time people of other faiths don't anywhere near as much. Christians Can't just leave us be or Agree to disagree .I have Muslim friends they have never told me I'm doomed or that I'm stuppid or that they will pray for my soul because I'm atheist. I have been called every insult under the sun by pushy Christians that can't leave me alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

good point!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Not all christians celebrate on December 25 th. Not all Christians turn a blind eye to the fact he was not born on December 25 th.

Quoting Anonymous:

an educated Atheist also know why it's celebrated on that day, deception and dishonesty on the church's

part, which makes it even worse.  They can't even make up creative lies, never mind an original story.

The fact that Christians STILL celebrate it on the 25th just shows they're not willing to step away from the

deception and think for themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

An educated atheist knows Jesus was not BORN on December 25. I mention atheism since the pic is from an atheist site.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not that special, huh?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Um yes it is and is included in world religions college courses.

Quoting Rhiannon92:

I think all organized religion is bad. Buddhism isn't a religion though. Just FYI.

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Also you don't see posts from Muslim /jewish/hindu women bashing atheists on here only Christians bashing atheists. And you see it several times a day. and when we dare defend our nonbeliefe were "attacking" you and your the sweet little victims....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I love this! I've also seen something that added the mothers' names and all are similar: Mary, Maria, Maya, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not that special, huh?

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Those other religions aren't in my face all the time, telling me how I should live my life, trying to limit what I can watch on TV, or what telling me what I can and can't do. I don't have to deal with their followers the way I've had to deal with Christians. 

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Really? Where?

Quoting Anonymous:

And, you see Muslims bitching about unfairness and wanting to practice Sharia law instead of real laws all the time.

GoneBad31
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Not even going to offer a rebuttal...*dies laughing* I see this thing is over your head.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Christmas or Christmas Day (Old EnglishCrīstesmæsse, literally "Christ's mass") is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ,[5][6]celebrated generally on December 25[2][3][4] as a religious and cultural holiday by billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christianliturgical year, it closes the Advent season and initiates the twelve days of Christmastide.[7] Christmas is a civil holiday in many of the world's nations,[8][9][10] is celebrated by an increasing number of non-Christians,[1][11][12] and is an integral part of the Christmas and holiday season.

The precise year of Jesus' birth, which some historians place between 7 and 2 BC, is unknown.[13][14] By the early-to-mid 4th century, Western Christianity had placed Christmas on December 25, a date later adopted in the East.[15][16] The date of Christmas may have initially been chosen to correspond with the day exactly nine months after the Annunciation, the date Christians believe Jesus to have been conceived,[17] as well as the date of the southern solstice, i.e., the Roman winter solstice), with a sun connection being possible because Christians consider Jesus to be the "Sun of righteousness" prophesied in Malachi 4:2.[17][18][19][20][21]

Quoting GoneBad31:

Christmas is not a Christian holiday. It was derived from ancient pagan beliefs that were around long before Christ.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

They bash our holidays but sure do like recieving gifts on christmas, Im sure. 

I am a *don't really give a damn what you think* and *couldn't care less how you discipline and feed your kids/babies* and *pro-mind your own business* type of mom. Oh, and a very devoted and loving girlfriend:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)