Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you been affected by?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
Drunk driving or alcohol abuse? I went to a victims panel today and they only had one victim story. I would like to hear more stories if ppl are willing to share
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

My ex is an alcoholic and my dad was a drug dealer and my mom was a hot mess.

My mom when I was 2 1/2 tried to kill herself and me by jumping off a second floor balcony.

My dad was a huge drug dealer

My ex was a drunk abuser who I left last year and went into a battered womens place and then moved on my own PM if you want more info

Earth_Mama90
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Wow. I'm sorry. At least you over came it and aren't in that environment

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

My ex is an alcoholic and my dad was a drug dealer and my mom was a hot mess.

My mom when I was 2 1/2 tried to kill herself and me by jumping off a second floor balcony.

My dad was a huge drug dealer

My ex was a drunk abuser who I left last year and went into a battered womens place and then moved on my own PM if you want more info

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

After my dad left when I was seven my mom became an alcoholic and suffered from depression. She never left the house accept to go to the bar where she spent all of the money my dad sent her, the only contact he ever had with us, and she ate there, so she barely ever paid the bills so we went without power or heat a lot. I got free lunch at school, I brought some home for my younger sister until she was old enough for school, then we searched for change, turned in bottles, and did odd jobs to buy dinner. I raised my sister, my mom barely recognized us half the time because she was so drunk. She would bring home strange men from the bar and have sex in the next room, so we could hear it, and sometimes the men abused us, most of the time physically, with one guy sexually. I started working as soon as I legally could to pay the bills and left as soon as I turned 18, taking my sister with me. She's now 12, I'm her guardian. Alcohol abuse took away our childhood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

i grew up with an alcoholic dad . in and out of jail in and out of my life. one night it bothered me more than other nights. i was promised by my dad that he would take me to the father daughter dance i got all dresses up. head to toe was perfection to me my hair was curles and in an updo that my wonderful cousin did. i had my nicest dress tights and heels. well i waited in my kitchen on my moms lap until my dad came home. it was late sometime around ten or 11. he was completely hammered and i could tell. well we obviously didnt go. my dad would also drive drunk with our whole family in the car i remember almost getting into accidents a few times. he would spend grocery or rent money at the bar drinking and playing keno. he would loose jobs becuase he would drink the night before and then not get up for work. he would get violent with my mom.one night he tried killing himself in front of me. i could just go on but im sure you get the picture. i was never abused physically becuase of his drinking,but emotionally i would say there are some scars, and i wont deny that i do have daddy issues.

twrwifey
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM

My brother was killed by a drunk driver.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM
My story isn't quite like the others but my ex bf drank alot as soon as he turned 21 it got so much worse. He was abusive and he never actually hit me with his hand but he would throw things at me and push me into things and try to choke me. Even sometimes while holding my daughter. I had to hide bruises all the time. I've been locked out of my apartment in the winter, barefoot with no phone and holding a baby. I got so tired of it I went to the store and bought a bottle of niacin and took 4 pills. It cleans out your system but if you take more than one the affect is alot stronger. It made my skin all red and blotchy so then I went to the police station and reported that he tried to choke me again and they took pictures and he went to jail for 3 days and in that time I packed up the whole apartment and my daughter and I moved 5 hours away. That was 3 years ago. He is just now starting to drink less and constantly apologizes for it all but in some way I'm thankful it all happened because it taught me to be strong and I learned alot about myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earth_Mama90
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Omg my dad is an alcoholic and I have no stories like these I'm so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Yes when i was a child my bio father and step father at the time used there cars (my bother in me in my dads truck) as a way to fight each other they where chasing ever other down a rail road track .omg i was so afraid i peed myself!

another time my step dad had this junk of a car so you had to really slam the doors will i could not do it so he did but did not give me time to buckle up he was drunk took the turn out of the parking lot a little too fast next thing i know i am rolling on the ground ! how the hell i was not really hurt i don't know!

my bio dad drunk a lot most of the time late in the afternoon at a friends house so we would be driving home with him and he would pass out behind the wheel most of the time he would comen to once we hit something i could not really drive the truck with him still seating kn the drivers seat ! he drove slow when he drove home on the back.roads drunk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earth_Mama90
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Omg! No offensive but your mom really knows how to pick em huh?jeez they both put u in so much danger how selfish

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Yes when i was a child my bio father and step father at the time used there cars (my bother in me in my dads truck) as a way to fight each other they where chasing ever other down a rail road track .omg i was so afraid i peed myself!

another time my step dad had this junk of a car so you had to really slam the doors will i could not do it so he did but did not give me time to buckle up he was drunk took the turn out of the parking lot a little too fast next thing i know i am rolling on the ground ! how the hell i was not really hurt i don't know!

my bio dad drunk a lot most of the time late in the afternoon at a friends house so we would be driving home with him and he would pass out behind the wheel most of the time he would comen to once we hit something i could not really drive the truck with him still seating kn the drivers seat ! he drove slow when he drove home on the back.roads drunk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM
I know right she was in the other car with my step dad she did not care still dose not care. She done worst then them not drink my with my child in the car

Quoting Earth_Mama90:

Omg! No offensive but your mom really knows how to pick em huh?jeez they both put u in so much danger how selfish

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)