Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are ANY men good with the "tough stuff"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I'm going through a lot with some recent bad health news, and DH it seems could care less. He hasn't asked how im doing or if I need him to come to appointments. I really feel so alone, scared, sad. I just want someone to be there for me when I need. Is that beyond a man's capacity or am I the only one married to a tub of cement.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, mine handles it just fine. Have you expressed these feelings? Men tend to act, not console.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Mine was GREAT with my preterm delivery and our sons nicu stay.

But, with me.... Not so much. He calls me lazy after having abdominal surgery for "laying around"
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Men handle stress with denial... I bet he's scared to ask incase you say "no, I'm not ok"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueeyedbabi
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My hubby has a huge heart but he don't show it to many people u know kinda like mr. Hardass in front of his friends but with me he is my protector and my teddy so to speak when I'm hurt or something he will baby me but Ahh don't tell him I said ne thing lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WardKimberly
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh isn't good with the "tough stuff" he blows it off completely. He only asks if I'm okay if I haven't talked to him all day.

Rose87
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Quoting blueeyedbabi:

My hubby has a huge heart but he don't show it to many people u know kinda like mr. Hardass in front of his friends but with me he is my protector and my teddy so to speak when I'm hurt or something he will baby me but Ahh don't tell him I said ne thing lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Mine too.

Quoting blueeyedbabi:

I am a *don't really give a damn what you think* and *couldn't care less how you discipline and feed your kids/babies* and *pro-mind your own business* type of mom. Oh, and a very devoted and loving girlfriend:)

mom2cheesebug
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this

When i had cancer cells on my uteris mine acted like nothing was wrong. He didn't want to go to the doctor appts because he didn't want to hear the bad news. He was scared of what could of happened, but after they cut it all out and i was cleared of cancer i went home and told him. He almost cried and said he thought he as going to lose me and didn't know how to be supportive when he couldn't even handle it himself. The best way he knew how to handle it was to act like nothing was wrong at all. Some men are just like that.

WardKimberly
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I can't stand it when guys do that. Over half my friend's dh has done that to them after they get out of surgery.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine was GREAT with my preterm delivery and our sons nicu stay.

But, with me.... Not so much. He calls me lazy after having abdominal surgery for "laying around"

.mrshallman.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Have u talked to him about it? My df is great with things like that. He loves to come to appointments, even if they are just check ups. I would express how u feel to ur dh. Maybe it will help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)