Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are ANY men good with the "tough stuff"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm going through a lot with some recent bad health news, and DH it seems could care less. He hasn't asked how im doing or if I need him to come to appointments. I really feel so alone, scared, sad. I just want someone to be there for me when I need. Is that beyond a man's capacity or am I the only one married to a tub of cement.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Replies (11-16):
bi-polarmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:17 AM

men need to be trained.  tell him you need him to be there for you and EXACTLY what he needs to do, and he will do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Men like to feel that they can fix things so he may just feel helpless and doesn't know what to do or say so he say's nothing. Try talking to him and just tell him how you feel (scared, lonely, sad) and let him know that him just being there for you for emotional support would mean the world to you. 

OopsIAteDaffy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Ones that aren't pussies. That's like asking if any women are actually good moms. Anyway good luck with your health.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Some men are good with it and others are not. My husband is good with it but he has also been through some scary health issues so he has been on the otherside and would do everything in his power to make sure I didnt feel lost or alone. Maybe have a nice sit down chat with him about how you are feeling and get his side of things? maybe he is scared also and doesnt know how to tell you and such

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I don't know

gem_mommie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Just like women, there are similarities in how MOST men react to different scenarios...but not all men are the same.

Usually the men who are good about nurturing are so because they have sisters and/or are close to their mom...but not always.

It's not odd that he's having trouble. You won't know exactly what he's thinking/feeling if you don't chat with him about it...when you can sit and talk and he can focus, not when your LO is up, or he's in the middle of something. ;)

Just remember...as people, we usually tend to try and handle things the way we want them handled for us; I bet if it were him in your shoes, he probably wouldnt want you with him at his appointments, he'd try to pretend things were better and easier than they really are...so that you wouldn't be scared...and really, because a lot of men seem to think its easier to cope when you pretend like it isn't happening. They're not usually comfortable with having to FEEL what is happening. ;)

Talk to him. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)