Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever been paralized in your sleep?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM
  • 65 Replies

Is been ten years since my first attack.I was sound asleep i was 12 everything was find until I couldnt breathe i was having an asthma attack but something was holding me down and i couldnt wake up.When i finally did i was gasping for air and my inhaler. Ever since I get sleep paralysis often sometimes is scary sometimes terrifying.I hate it the most when I can see my sorrounding but cant speak, move, or wake up.

One time i had just argued with my bf but he went to sleep and i stayed mad in the living room then i dozed off.To then have another attack i opened my eyes to see a man that seem very evil.I tried waking up and calling my bf but nothing came out.Everytime i looked he got closer and closer. I had no choice but to pray and pray fast the more i prayed the more i moved.I woke up just in time and ran to our room.Ever since then when i have an attack i dont try to move i just relax and pray or just stay real still to gain movement.

Any likes are greatly appreciated....TY :) www.facebook.com/lisaannsweetdelights

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueeyedbabi
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM
I have never had that happen.

My husband and I were laying in bed one night sound asleep and both on our side with our hand proping our heads up facing each other we woke our selves up in mid conversation lol still to tis day we have no idea what were talkin about
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM
nope

taina361
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Quoting blueeyedbabi:

My husband and I were laying in bed one night sound asleep and both on our side with our hand proping our heads up facing each other we woke our selves up in mid conversation lol still to tis day we have no idea what were talkin about

thats sounds creepy and awesome lol maybe yall were saying secrets??

Any likes are greatly appreciated....TY :) www.facebook.com/lisaannsweetdelights

SOCO101
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Yes. It's happened to me a few times. It's really scary. The first time I didn't know what was going on, I was around 14. I thought I was having a seizure or something like that. 

One time it happened, I could only move my eyes around. I had a poster hanging on my door and since I kept my bathroom light on you could usually see it, but I couldn't. There was some kind of big dark figure standing in front of it. 

Other times it felt like something was grabbing at my ankles, or just watching me. Really creepy stuff!

Iron_Beauty
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I've had that happen. Never for very long though, and ususally only if its a particularly bad dream. :(

YogaMommyz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Yes!! It's so creepy.. Felt like someone was holding me down.

taina361
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

I have realized it happens often when i dont sleep early and when im super sleepy its when it happens the worst cuz my body is so tired but my mind hasnt shut yet.

blueeyedbabi
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM
It kills me because I wanna know so bad what we were talkin about lol

Quoting taina361:

Quoting blueeyedbabi:

thats sounds creepy and awesome lol maybe yall were saying secrets??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommiie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Omg yess. I tryed to explain it to ppl but they look at me like im crazy, it felt like i was awake but paralized. I literally woke up with tears all over me. U ever wake up in a dream but still was in a dream...scary shit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chatema
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:15 AM

I've had that happen once but I see it a lot with my patients.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)