Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick of my 12 yr old lying to me, he is in trouble for stealing, lying and I dont know what to do about it. Yesterday I supervised him cleaning my house. What do you do if your child did this. He also isnt doing well in school. There is so much more but I would have to write a book.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Replies (61-62):
pearcesrodmom1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I have to agree with this!  I went through a stage like this when I was young, and I got away with it.  It took me years to learn how to be honest and respectful.  Scared Straight doesn't always scare kids.  But letting them suffer the consequences does.  If he steals from you or anyone, call the cops.  Detaining, booking, and having a record is the best  "scared straight" I can think of!

Quoting couponluv72:

how about stripping him of everything but essentials. 2 sets of clothes and undies, sheets pillow blanket but otherwise bare room. take his door off too. you do not have to provide that either. tell him he can earn things back one thing at a time by behaving. 

Youroichi_Sama3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Ok I do not believe in hitting a child but when they start to get bad grades steal and misbehave either at school or wherever, there is when I firmly believe that a good slap in time solve many problems laterI myself am a witness to this, and that to me is not child abuse or anything like, that was the way in which I was raised, and to this day I do not talk back and have a lot of respect for my elders and that kind of teaching for me is essential today, as there are many spoiled brats out there because in this society today if you give your child a slap it is classified as abuse that is why teens are also as loose and disrespectful today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured