Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you always want to be a mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Did you always want to be a mom?

Options:

Yes!

No!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 296

View Results

If so, is it what you expected?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
mom-2-4boys
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, for the most part it's what I expected. Didn't expect dh to be jealous of the kids or a few issues that one of my teens put us through.

TugBoatMama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM
The idea of kids used to repulse me. But they are the best thing I ever did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM
To be honest, no I didn't. I was set on not having kids but I love my son to pieces and I'm happy he's here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Yes. From the time I was a young child. I got pregnant on purpose as an older teen, and to date my children are my greatest accomplishment. I was born to be a mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissAmber
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I always wanted to be a mom. We started trying after we was married 4 years and took us almost 4 years to conceive now we have 2 amazing little girls...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Yes!!!! And yes! I always wanted a bunch of kids close together and always pictured myself extra busy driving them everywhere. Between school, dance, baseball and everything else that's me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM
No. I didn't think I'd ever have kids. I wanted to focus on my career. That didn't work out, I got pregnant so easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM

NO!

My first pregnancy was an accident (my son wasn't an accident but thinking that I couldn't get pregnant was).  I was young and naive, I had the "can't happen to me mentality".  I had him at 18, loved/love him, but didn't want anymore kids ever again.  I begged the Drs numerous time to tie my tubes and they wouldn't of course.  

I was 25 when I met my husband.  I knew right off of the bat that I wanted children with him.

We have 5 now, lol.

I think I appricate being able and wanting to have kids later in life.  When I was young it was so much harder because I wasn't established yet.  Having children that were planned was exactly as I expected.  I have my perfect life now and wouldn't change it for the world.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I've literally ALWAYS wanted to be a mom.  I can't remember a time of not knowing I'd have kids of my own.  I always wanted a big-ish family - 4-5 kids - but have stopped at 2.  I'm very happy in that regards.

babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Yes since I was a toddler. It is pretty much what I expected. Sometimes Hard sometimes Amazing but mostly good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN