Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Children who act out...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Do you blame the child or the parent? What do you think of these kids and their families?

*Edited....  We aren't talking about special needs children.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

i try not to blame either unless i can determine if the acting out is due to some type of issue developmentally for the child or because of poor parenting

atyou
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM
It's not that cut and dry for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM
If you don't have the full story then it is no ones place to judge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacough
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM

It's not a matter of blame. Are you speaking about typical children or children with Autism? or something.

nickysmom71
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM

There is no clear cut situation....sometimes the parents are doing all the right things and the kids STILL act out....if you don't KNOW the parents personally, then you don't know what the deal is and should Mind Your Own!!!

noneya79
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I mostly blame the parents... in some cases though, it is the child just being stubborn or sometimes they have a mental health issue!

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hmm, unless there is evidence of something I assume its the kid. Some people are just mean, they enjoy it for some reason. Its personality, and some of personality is nurture but a lot of it is just simple nature and we are what we are and our brains act how they do. I've seen people with no special treatment feel entitled and snotty, I have seen people with terrible lives be sweet as pie. We just are what we are.

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Me either

Quoting atyou:

It's not that cut and dry for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I don't know what is going on, so I try not to jump to conclusions. But, generally with behavioral problems it's the parents to blame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Ya never know...the only time I get annoyed is when a kid is clearly not being parented - whole family at a restaurant, kids running underfoot of wait staff and such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)