Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do NOT touch my kid!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why do people have issues understanding personal space for babies? Do you walk up to a random adult and touch them? I hope not, so dont touch my baby....

Every where i go it seems someone has to touch my son. He is 6 months and yes, i know he is cute. I have no problem with you saying he is adorable and asking how old and what not, i dont mind people making silly faces and making hin laugh, or baby talking to him, but do not touch him. Yesterday, was especially bad. This older lady, not old but older, like maybe 50, was standing in line behind me at the grocery store, and kept touching him. The first two times, i asked very nicely for her to not touch him, and even re possitioned myself to help block her from him. The third time, she came up right next to me, almost bumping me out of the way, so she could touch his foot... wtf... that time i was not so nice, and very clearly explained to her that she was not going to touch him again. Now, for people that didnt witness the whole thing, and only heard me raise my voice slightly and tell this woman to stop touching him, i probably looked like a crazy, rude, bitch, but i dont care. I tried to be nice and it didnt work....

Grrr.... im thinking of making a sign, that says do not touch lol

Do people touch your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChaoticSoul
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I always ask if ican touch a hand or such. Then i sanitize before an after Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM

i developed a very good glare and firm sorry please do NOT touch my baby verbal warning.

Sagely
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this

LoL, I can't remember if I had that problem or not.  I don't think it ever really bothered me.  I mean, dd's feet were never out there all bare and exposed, and I never saw any harm in people tickling her toes through her socks or her footies.

Her hands were always all shoved up in her mouth so nobody was touching those.  :-P

evensmummy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM
I was like that with my first two. With the last two, I was over it. As long as they were polite and my babies didn't mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megangary
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I don't get it either! I had a lady at the DMV try to hold my 13 month old! You handled that sitution much nicer than I would have. Way to be a role model (not trying to sound sarastic).

carter210
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My DF thought I was nuts when I said people are always trying to touch our baby! He knows sees it too!

I can't stand it!! Don't put your nasty hands anywhere close to my 3 month old!! I feel your pain! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2MDS
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, especially when they were babies. I don't let it bother me. Germs get washed off, hurt feelings not so much.

IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Have triplets....you will never understand the amount of insanity it is when going out with three infants and the crazies that want to touch, pick up, ask me 1001 questions that the last person who stopped me just asked, oh and the best one of all...TAKE PICTURES OF MY KIDS!!!!  SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY A COMPLETE STRANGER NEEDS PICTURES OF MY CHILDREN?

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM
My daughter is 5 and older ppl (anyone over 50) still come up and stroke her hair or "pinch" her cheek. It didnt bother me when she was a baby at all. But now it is starting to get on my nerves. She's not a freaking dog so please don't pet her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM

People touch my belly so Im sure they're going to touch the baby...i know my husband would flip if someone touched his princess...I would too (yes shes a girl). Its not their baby, i dont know if they were wiping their ass or picking a booger before and didnt wash up, get away! lol...you're right.

I wouldnt care who heard me, Id be screaming too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN