Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do NOT touch my kid!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why do people have issues understanding personal space for babies? Do you walk up to a random adult and touch them? I hope not, so dont touch my baby....

Every where i go it seems someone has to touch my son. He is 6 months and yes, i know he is cute. I have no problem with you saying he is adorable and asking how old and what not, i dont mind people making silly faces and making hin laugh, or baby talking to him, but do not touch him. Yesterday, was especially bad. This older lady, not old but older, like maybe 50, was standing in line behind me at the grocery store, and kept touching him. The first two times, i asked very nicely for her to not touch him, and even re possitioned myself to help block her from him. The third time, she came up right next to me, almost bumping me out of the way, so she could touch his foot... wtf... that time i was not so nice, and very clearly explained to her that she was not going to touch him again. Now, for people that didnt witness the whole thing, and only heard me raise my voice slightly and tell this woman to stop touching him, i probably looked like a crazy, rude, bitch, but i dont care. I tried to be nice and it didnt work....

Grrr.... im thinking of making a sign, that says do not touch lol

Do people touch your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
vannadahlia
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Make a t-shirt :]

whitneyeliza08
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM

yes, a random woman at the dollar store the other day came out as I was going in. She was like "oh, how cute. Can i hold her?" its annoying!

tginn20
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I made a sign and laminated it...it was bright orange and hung from the carseat. It read "Please do not touch...I bite" hahahaha...My DH and Mom HATED it when they took my DD out bc of it. But hey..nobody touched! Got a lot of laughs though! :)

mandella79
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM

When my younges ds was a few weeks old I drove my grandparents to the eye doctor and one of the doctors asked if he could hold my baby.  I thought it was totally weird but I let hin because his  wife was having a baby and he had never held a small infant before. 

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I don't wanna touch no one else child, got my own kids. Your baby really that pretty, that this lady bombarded you to, touch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM
It never bothered me. I didn't really mind if people touched my belly either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarriedYoung
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I don't like people touching dd. if they MUST touch her then only the feet. Luckily people have so far only stopped me every five feet to tell me how beautiful she is and how she has "so much hair!!" lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I didnt mind if people touched my kids on their foot if they were wearing shoes.   I dont like people touching my childs face or any body part that may end up in my childs mouth like a bare foot or hand. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Where I am from I let it happen because of a major superstition among the spanish people there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM
yeah i have tend to touch my sons when they see him. i wipe them down right after.sometimes im too nice to say anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)