Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am pregnant and today I am very very..

Posted by   + Show Post

itchy!! Man I am itching everywhere. :[ (I am 32 weeks)

Any advice?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Take some oatmeal and put it in a blender till it is a fine powder.  Put about 1/2 cup in your bath water.  It soothes itchies.  You can also use this on your itchy baby in the future.  You blend it so it will go down the drain.  

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM

You do know your skin absorbs whatever you put on it, right? 

I'd also like to hear about this "vitamin A" thing as well though.

Quoting beethann:

What? I've never heard that and she is putting it on her skin, but eating it

Quoting Anonymous:

thats normal put.some lotion on but avoid the ones that have vitamin A bc its not good for the baby.

Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM

lotion. my belly itches like crazy when the skin starts stretching out. (I'm 31 weeks)

kngarber
by Katie on May. 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Lotion never helped me when I got like that.  It's almost like the itching was coming from inside...if that makes sense....lol.  Just be careful with benadryl, because the regular can make you super tired.  It does me anyway.

Quoting vannadahlia:

that I will try, because the cocoa butter isn't working at all

Quoting kngarber:

I got that way.  I felt like I was going to itch my skin off.  Benadryl helps and is safe for the baby!

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM

When I was that itchy I would take a shower and use baby oil while I was still wet.

Ugh. Sorry. The itchies are the worst.

twrwifey
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

It's probably PUPPS. I'd put a call into the dr. When I had PUPPS with my first I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and was induced at 35 weeks. The dr said the itchiness and rash were related to the Pre E

Mama_Chels
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM

My SIL had colistatis (sp?) of pregnancy, she said it made her itch. I think she said if she got pregnant again she'd have it & have to be induced at 35wks. I'd call your doctor & ask.

HollyBerry727
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Try rubbing yourself down with lotion. I've been itchy from the stretching of my skin and lotion helps a lot.

Rhiannon92
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

That is what I'd like to know.

Quoting kngarber:

This is new.  How is vitamin A bad for the baby?

Quoting Anonymous:

thats normal put.some lotion on but avoid the ones that have vitamin A bc its not good for the baby.

KMadsen
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Get checked for PUPPS. I had that at the end & it was torture! Ended up having to get meds from the dr to help.

Try a gentle lotion like Eucerin and hydrocortisone (I believe that's it) cream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)