Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does a SAHM need a housekeeper?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
No back story a simple question do think a SAHM w 2 kids 8 & 3 should pay someone else to clean.....
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
nikki32230
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM
If they have the money and they want to I guess... Why not? She is giving someone else a pay check who may really need the money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sylv.the.Wine-O
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Obviously! O.o

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I'm going to say no. That would not be a NEED. Hell dh and I work and don't NEED that. We get all the deep cleaning and organizing in. :P Some WANT it however.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm currently ttc, we have someone come in and clean during my 2ww so I don't touch the chemicals in cleaning supplies. We also bought a 400 dollar automatic cat potty that self cleans so I don't touch cat litter. Does that make me lazy? Or cautious and smart?
Mom2theboy1994
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM

If they want to, sure! :) My child is almost 18, and there is only three of us in our home, but my husband offers to hire a housekeeper for me on a weekly basis. 

My next door neighbor is also a SAHM. She has a housekeeper, a cook, and a gardener. She also has a mother's helper three days a week. It's the lifestyle they choose to lead. :)

psychessun
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM

i wouldn't, but i don't care if someone else does it.  at the very least they're creating job opportunity!

bec94
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM
If they want to, sure. Creates a job for someone that needs/wants one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

If you can afford then why not? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

If they have the money and they want to. I have one and my kids are 12, 13 and 15. Nobody knows my reasons and I pay for it out of the money we work for. 

lynnd4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM
If we could afford it, I definitely would. I would also hire someone to do the lawn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)