Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

peachy.. just peachy *update* spoke with the neighbors....

ok so this really isn't a confession but more of I have a problem and you ladies are the most honest group of women on CM so....

I got new neighbors about a wk ago they have 3 viscious german shepards that will run up to the fence when someone walks by growl,snarl,throw their weight up against the fence whatever they can to try and get ya. we don't live in a subdivision but they are neighbors I take my kids out for a walk everyday but that has stopped bc I am afraid they will get out and one of my kids will get mauled, I just looked outside and guess what is in my yard yes these stupid mutts. I went outside to try to run them off bc our 2 dogs are in the back yard we have pitbulls but they are sweet they never bark at anyone but I dont want these evil mutts to start a fight and make my dogs look like the problem that tends to happen it's always the pitbull's fault. So I go out to try and make them leave one starts running toward me growling with the other 2 right behind it they are currently tearing my garbage out all over the yard , i witnessed one take a dump in my yard. I called the cops it will take a while for them to get here i am sure , called my dh he is on his way he sais when he gets here if they are still in the yard he's shooting them or if their owner has already got them he is going over there to have a talk with the owner. Should I let my dh shoot the dogs? should I let the police handle it, should I go yell at the wife I really miss taking my kids out . I don't know what to do ....

as I sit here and watch these mutts and wait for the cops or dh the biggest of the three is now jumping up on my jeep....

Well thank you everyone for your advice... I had to go and give Boo a bottle as I was sitting here feeding her I heard 3 shots, Dh stopped by his dad's house got a deer rifle stopped at the beginning of our driveway shot the dogs. then got back in his truck called me and said There now you can have your walks,kid's can play outside and I can work in peace. He also said when the neighbor's come over tell them he will be home by 6:30 and shut the door in their face. DH is a country boy, kind of matter of fact and right to the point. I said to him don't you think that was a little extreme hon? He said yes but I have to work I can't be having to come home from work day in and day out to chase dogs away so My kids and wife can be out in MY yard. Oh well guess the neighbors will be pissed .... Cop still hasn't showed up.

Well I spoke with the neighbors I seen the truck pull up I said excuse me flagged them over showed them the pics and video on my phone and my jeep, they apologized like over and over the wife explained that her adult step daughter kind of pawned the dogs off on them and they just didn't have the heart to put them down. The husband told me to get the scratches on the jeep taken care of and bring him the bill that was it, some of you ladies had me ready for a fight but they said they would have done the same if they were my dh. apologized again I asked if their daughter got mad about the dogs and the lady said she and her dh would type up statements saying the dogs were vicious but she also didnt think the daughter cared that much,I would have stayed outside to chitchat but boo was getting fussy So I came back in oh and as I was walking in the husband asked if I thought my dh could give him a qoute to start taking care of their yard. Sry no drama ladies

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM
wow!
butterflies798
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Here they do! We do not have an animal control, most of the small towns around here doesn't. There is one animal control and it is county so its in a town about 15 miles away.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Police usually don't come out for that. You have to call animal control. They would have came right out. But my hubby and my father would of did the same thing

StephG718
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

That's so sad :(

He did what he thought was best. There is no telling what the dogs would have done to you, your kids, or your dogs. Update on what the neighbors say.

MollyJmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Ooooo I just wanna know what the neighbors say hehe :) At least now you can go for walks again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
10yrsapart9505
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, he did what he had to do.  Those people shouldnt be allowed to have dogs. 

popcorn

im on pins and needles waiting to see what happens next. 

MissMia22
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

He did what was needed for your family to be safe.  I feel bad it came to that but he did what he had to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I cant believe he shot the dogs! Yes I would be pissed that they kept getting into your yard, but I would have TALKED to the neighbor and told them if it happends again you will shoot them! Their dogs are most likely like part of their family (just like your dogs are part of your family), and your DH just killed them! Do they have kids? Can you imagain having to explain to a child that all their dogs are dead because some one shot them? Besides they are your neighbors you still have to live next door to them, now that their dogs are dead (thanks to your DH), I can assume that there will always be friction between you and them. They will most likely try to get revenge on your dog, plus they will most likely sue your DH for shooting the dogs (and it will be up to your DH to proove that they were "vicious" animals and he shot them in defense, which will be hard to do unless its on record that they attacked before)
kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Bump for updates- I want to know what the owners say too

angie729
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Oh my...I can see his point and why he would want to shoot them but I hope nothing comes back on him for doing that.

alleycat_2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN