Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cyber Bullies (edited)

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM
  • 159 Replies
5 moms liked this

I see a whole lot of cyber bullying on CM and i was just wondering, how many of you have talked to your kids about that? Do you teach them that it is wrong? What would you do if you caught your child saying some of the things you say online? If you're not one of the cyber bullies, then what would you do if you caught you child bullying or being bullied online?

Just a new topic :)

so I left for one day and this post blew up lol! its amazing what you can miss in 24 hours...theres no way i can answer in all of the comments but for all who asked, Cyber Bullying TO ME is someone who intentionally follows you from post to post, threatening, belittling, making rude comments that have nothing to do with the post, and ESPECIALLY the ones that like to talk about other womens children, that is just not aceptable. Everyone should have the right to come in and enjoy their internet experience. Theres a big difference between an opinion/disagreement and bullying. I do think a lot of them go under anon just to do those things but not all of them are anon. And for those of you who say you have never seen it, i'm not sure where you have been, i've seen a few cases of it. Anyways, thanks for all the replies and if this keeps going i will try to be more active :) everyone have a GREAT DAY!!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jblaac57
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM
8 moms liked this

Here's what I teach my kids about cyber bullying-

1.) Close your lap top

2.)  You win!

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Cyber bullying is an overused term on cm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

we are working with our special needs son to teach him about bullying, what to do and what it is and is not. it is not simply somoene you don't life , someone who has another opinion than yours. its about being targeted fir aggression and abuse. he understands that a friend not getting along with him is ok. but someone coming up and pushing or hitting hiim is something to go right to a teacher or other adult about.

unfortunately i will not have to consider what to do if he were caught bullying, he simply is not capable of itl

iluv2meow
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I dont talk to my kids about cyber byullying because they are not allowed to be on cyber places LOL

Well ok I do talk to my older kids about cyber bullying but I also teach them to stay away from negativity.

Im an adult and able to handle my issues and cybering online my kids are not.

KitschyGirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM
My kids are not cyber.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jblaac57
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM

i disagree, there are a lot of things on here that are considered bullying and more than half of them wouldnt have the guts to say it in person, they only do it because of the anon feature. The belittle other women, degrade them, pick on them..ive even seen a few threaten others..

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

Cyber bullying is an overused term on cm.

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Here's what I teach my kids about cyber bullying-

1.) Close your lap top

2.)  You win!

THIS OH THIS!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! I have said on here COUNTLESS times that no one is forcing anyone to be here, and if you feel "bullied" or "stalked", click the little red x in the corner. There, problem solved!!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

couponluv72
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM

its called back away from the keyboard and turn off the computer time ...

TrouserMouse
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

The word bully is so overused.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)