Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Kind of Agree about the "Teen" Clothing Thing...

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
  • 117 Replies
I agree with her point that it looks silly to see a 35 year old wearing Pink sweat pants or a Hollister hoodie. I think it looks childish. Tell me I'm not alone on that one...? There are cute AND mature juniors clothes you can wear without looking like a high schooler.

But if we aren't suppose to buy juniors sizes at all, what are women like us who wear 0-2 and XS-S supposed to wear? That's the point I don't agree with.

Also, any other busty but small ladies have trouble finding maternity clothes that fit? Like if pants fit your waist, they're too big on the legs and butt. If a shirt fits your breasts, it's too big elsewhere. If a dress fits the rest of your body, it's too little on the chest. I wish they made juniors maternity clothes but that might send off a bad message. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM
7 moms liked this

while it might be silly looking, if the 35 year old is happy dressed that way so what?

jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this
You can be happy wearing a garbage bag. IDGAF. It still looks ridiculous.

Quoting couponluv72:

while it might be silly looking, if the 35 year old is happy dressed that way so what?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellieknits
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM
11 moms liked this

I wish I had no real problems to worry about and I could worry about dumb shit too.

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM
I hated maternity clothes. My boobs are really big, and almost all maternity I find is really low cut. If I get a shirt that fits my arms and belly, its so tight on my boobs its obscene! Ugh. And I don't even bother w maternity pants anymore. They were always falling down and sagging in butt and legs, like u said, so I just wore my old jeans and got the belly band thing from Target or whatever. Saved money and I looked much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Well I'm almost 36 and wear my cute lil pink sweatsuits with sexy written on the ass and couldn't give two fucks what anyone else thinks. I looks good WHATEVER I'm wearing ( or not wearing ) LMFAO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyes_mama
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Bump!! Bump! Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I'm not worried. It's just an eye sore.

BTW, you negate your own comment by posting a comment in the first place.

Quoting kellieknits:

I wish I had no real problems to worry about and I could worry about dumb shit too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM
That's exactly how they fit me. I hate it. But Old Navy makes maternity jeans with a small band around the waist instead of that big stretchy panel so they don't keep falling down. That helps for when my thighs outgrow my normal jeans.

Quoting NonaScheib38:

I hated maternity clothes. My boobs are really big, and almost all maternity I find is really low cut. If I get a shirt that fits my arms and belly, its so tight on my boobs its obscene! Ugh. And I don't even bother w maternity pants anymore. They were always falling down and sagging in butt and legs, like u said, so I just wore my old jeans and got the belly band thing from Target or whatever. Saved money and I looked much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

i will ask here, too.  what kind of clothes should we old (40) ladies be wearing?  please post pics.

jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Too hard to post pics from mobile. But generally nicer jeans, slacks, mostly tops that aren't t-shirts though everyone needs a few tees... I think as you get older your clothes should get nicer. Like less hoodies, more nice jackets. Less booty shorts, more normal shorts. There's also a difference in the fabrics. JMO because personally I'm only 21 and already feel tacky in a lot of my teenage wardrobe so I slowly buy nicer pieces as I can afford them.

Quoting Anonymous:

i will ask here, too.  what kind of clothes should we old (40) ladies be wearing?  please post pics.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)