Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Kind of Agree about the "Teen" Clothing Thing...

Posted by   + Show Post
I agree with her point that it looks silly to see a 35 year old wearing Pink sweat pants or a Hollister hoodie. I think it looks childish. Tell me I'm not alone on that one...? There are cute AND mature juniors clothes you can wear without looking like a high schooler.

But if we aren't suppose to buy juniors sizes at all, what are women like us who wear 0-2 and XS-S supposed to wear? That's the point I don't agree with.

Also, any other busty but small ladies have trouble finding maternity clothes that fit? Like if pants fit your waist, they're too big on the legs and butt. If a shirt fits your breasts, it's too big elsewhere. If a dress fits the rest of your body, it's too little on the chest. I wish they made juniors maternity clothes but that might send off a bad message. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I don't think there is an age limit on a hoody. Hell the school I teach at has staff hoodies with our school logo on it. I also wear NBA hoodies. I am in my 30s. I have never done the booty pants though. lol

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I think you're not shopping at the right places... 

jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I dunno. I just find t-shirts and hoodies so teenage-ish unless you're at home, working out, at the park, etc.

I'm 21 and I usually wear a dress, or jeans and an actual fitted top... Something young but not juvenile. I know everyone has a different interpretation of that though.

Quoting gum.drop:

What about 25?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally think if you still have the body to rock it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
wow who ever did the first post is one stupid mofo. just wait until their in there 30-40 they be dressing young too. stupid ingnorant bitch

Quoting Anonymous:

i will ask here, too.  what kind of clothes should we old (40) ladies be wearing?  please post pics.

sqrocket
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM

:(

Quoting kellieknits:

I wish I had no real problems to worry about and I could worry about dumb shit too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I'm almost 30 and only fit into the teenager clothes. But I look like I'm 12.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I love my pink sweats! Lol I work in a gym and we can only wear sweats or yoga pants to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Hell, I'm 21 and won't wear booty pants. Lol. I do wear leggings a lot but I make sure the top fully covers my butt and vaginal area. They shouldn't look like bicycler pants.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think there is an age limit on a hoody. Hell the school I teach at has staff hoodies with our school logo on it. I also wear NBA hoodies. I am in my 30s. I have never done the booty pants though. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmack2107
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I was going to do just get a 2 piece as well for my maternity suit, but omg... finding my size in a top.... is EXPENSIVE! Just for the top in my size is anywhere between 75-150 dollars! 

I have the same problem with bras... I find what works... is going down a cup size, but going up on the bust line size. I measure at a 38F, but I go to a 40DDD because an F cup digs into my pits, and for some reason, when you go up in the bust line, the cup seems to get bigger. 

Quoting jnttd:

Thankfully I'm comfortable in two piece suits. None of the maternity suites I have found fit. I had to get an XS maternity skirt bottom and D cup non-maternity top.

Bras are a problem too because if they're big/strong enough for my breasts they usually end up covering half of my back and up in my arm pits.

Quoting bmack2107:

Quoting jnttd:

Also, any other busty but small ladies have trouble finding maternity clothes that fit? Like if pants fit your waist, they're too big on the legs and butt. If a shirt fits your breasts, it's too big elsewhere.
If a dress fits the rest of your body, it's too little on the chest. I wish they made juniors maternity clothes but that might send off a bad message. Lol.

(in red) I have THIS problem constantly!!! It took me FOREVER to find a maternity swimsuit that fit my chest!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN