Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Kind of Agree about the "Teen" Clothing Thing...

Posted by   + Show Post
I agree with her point that it looks silly to see a 35 year old wearing Pink sweat pants or a Hollister hoodie. I think it looks childish. Tell me I'm not alone on that one...? There are cute AND mature juniors clothes you can wear without looking like a high schooler.

But if we aren't suppose to buy juniors sizes at all, what are women like us who wear 0-2 and XS-S supposed to wear? That's the point I don't agree with.

Also, any other busty but small ladies have trouble finding maternity clothes that fit? Like if pants fit your waist, they're too big on the legs and butt. If a shirt fits your breasts, it's too big elsewhere. If a dress fits the rest of your body, it's too little on the chest. I wish they made juniors maternity clothes but that might send off a bad message. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
_diva_
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Lmao I know that's right!!! Must be nice to worry just about clothes :)

Quoting kellieknits:

I wish I had no real problems to worry about and I could worry about dumb shit too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I dress like a lady in her young 20s. Not a grandma and not a teenager in Aeropostale. I stopped shopping there as a junior in HS. You're missing the point that clothes can look nice and age appropriate AND be fun and cute.

Quoting Stephd710:

Im 30.  I have like 10 Aeropostale hoodies that I practically live in during the colder months, they are cheap and I am allowed to wear hoodies at work so I buy a ton of them.  I also wear lots of Old Navy and Victorias clothing.  I wear Silver brand jeans too.  If it fits, it shouldnt be a problem.  Nobody is demanding YOU wear it if you dont want to.  Some of us mommys prefer to stay with the styles that are going on now and dont want to start dressing like our grandmas.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Yeah, because I sit around all day thinking about clothes. Lmao. You were bored enough to read it and respond. Kind of hypocritical.

Quoting _diva_:

Quoting kellieknits:

I wish I had no real problems to worry about and I could worry about dumb shit too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM
If pants fit my butt, they're too loose on my legs, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:51 PM
I love pregnant women in bikinis. I'm too self conscious about my thighs during pregnancy so I wear a skirt type bottom.

Quoting Stephd710:

I wore a regular bikini while pregnant with my twins.  I got it from Old Navy and just ordered an XL top and bottom and they fit perfect.  I got tons of compliments at the pool! 

Quoting bmack2107:

I was going to do just get a 2 piece as well for my maternity suit, but omg... finding my size in a top.... is EXPENSIVE! Just for the top in my size is anywhere between 75-150 dollars! 

I have the same problem with bras... I find what works... is going down a cup size, but going up on the bust line size. I measure at a 38F, but I go to a 40DDD because an F cup digs into my pits, and for some reason, when you go up in the bust line, the cup seems to get bigger. 

Quoting jnttd:

Thankfully I'm comfortable in two piece suits. None of the maternity suites I have found fit. I had to get an XS maternity skirt bottom and D cup non-maternity top.

Bras are a problem too because if they're big/strong enough for my breasts they usually end up covering half of my back and up in my arm pits.

Quoting bmack2107:

Quoting jnttd:

Also, any other busty but small ladies have trouble finding maternity clothes that fit? Like if pants fit your waist, they're too big on the legs and butt. If a shirt fits your breasts, it's too big elsewhere.
If a dress fits the rest of your body, it's too little on the chest. I wish they made juniors maternity clothes but that might send off a bad message. Lol.

(in red) I have THIS problem constantly!!! It took me FOREVER to find a maternity swimsuit that fit my chest!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah women look silly wearing hollister clothing above 25/30...just silly

and i also think its stupid that parents buy their child a $40 tee made in India for school.

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Your opinions on what people buy, dont mean shit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I do look nice and age appropriate.  Where I live, everyone my age wears the same things I wear and nobody gives a crap.  I think its wrong to say a woman should stop wearing certain brands when she hits a certain age. When I see someone my age or even older wearing "younger" looking clothes I think its cute.  To me it says she wants to stay on trend and that those clothes are her personal style.  

Quoting jnttd:

I dress like a lady in her young 20s. Not a grandma and not a teenager in Aeropostale. I stopped shopping there as a junior in HS. You're missing the point that clothes can look nice and age appropriate AND be fun and cute.

Quoting Stephd710:

Im 30.  I have like 10 Aeropostale hoodies that I practically live in during the colder months, they are cheap and I am allowed to wear hoodies at work so I buy a ton of them.  I also wear lots of Old Navy and Victorias clothing.  I wear Silver brand jeans too.  If it fits, it shouldnt be a problem.  Nobody is demanding YOU wear it if you dont want to.  Some of us mommys prefer to stay with the styles that are going on now and dont want to start dressing like our grandmas.  

_diva_
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I can tell u this lol I will wear what is comfy to me and usually its a tshirt and blue jeans and flip flops. I'm 25 I could really careless what others wear. As long as ur shit isn't hanging out infront of my son then its whatever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Lmao obviously u are. Why are u worried about what someone wears. I guess I don't get it

Quoting jnttd:

Yeah, because I sit around all day thinking about clothes. Lmao. You were bored enough to read it and respond. Kind of hypocritical.

Quoting _diva_:

Quoting kellieknits:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured