Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Men shouldn't have to do much of anything...

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 200 Replies
If you are a SAHM?

Do you believe that? I was talking to someone who said that. And I was flabbergasted (sp?).

I think that when you live together it should be equal responsibility when it comes to housework and kids. Even if you have something set up like you (the SAHP in genreal) does X, X, X and I (the working parent in general) does X, X and X.

So what say you ladies?

And for women who have SAH DH or SO's what say you? Do you expect certain things to be done by your DH or SO that you would not do because they are the SAHP?

If you are in a Lesbian relationship, you can answer as well if you or your parent are the SAHP as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelimadness
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I believe that when my spouse is home, he should share responsibilities. He does things he hates to take a bit of the load off my shoulders, in return I do things i hate for him. Compromise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I do most of the housework except the sweeping and mopping and the occasional sink of dishes.  He does mow the lawn and weed whack.  However, I also do some mulching and weeding.  It works for us. 

mandiNthomas
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Df understands what I do here all day everyday. So if something doesn't get done it will wait or he will do it. The only thing that's certain is that I always get up with the kids in the middle of the night cus he does have to go work. But we share the responsiblity...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

LMFAO. No, men should do nothing more than give us their seed and work 9-5.

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Well when dh has worked a full week I don't ask for anything past helping with the kids. If he has had a day or two off there is no reason why he can't help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a SAHM, and of course I do more than he does. I feel like it's my responsibility.

m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Marriage is 100/100. So is everything else that comes with it.

ReadWriteLuv
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Everything in our household is split 50/50. Well, except maybe childcare because I always take my DD with me everywhere. 50/50 works for us, always has.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM

women choose to have kids, so they should take responsibility for their care. Men need all the time they can to do the Lord's work. My place is to keep the home and the kids, 100% of the time.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I admit, the only thing I ask for help with is garbage and fixing or moving things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)