Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

homeless in 2 days UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 160 Replies

We just moved to this town in our motor home last month. Our only income is my husbands VA benefits, and it pays the bills until we found out the state put a lien on my husbands VA check for back child support. We are -6,770.02 in the minus. This is devastating. We didn't find out until today when we went to withdraw the 490.00 we usually get a month. Then we called the bank. :(. We have 2 days to come up with the money for rent 295.00 and 42.00 electricity bill and basically 1 day to do it in cause the other day is a weekend.Ive called 211 and no resources in this town,and we don't have a vehicle so walking 4 counties over would be hard with 2 kids. I don't know what to do. We also have a storage in another state which is 200.00 behind. I'm so scared we are going to lose everything and don't know what to do but cry. I'm trying to be strong for my kids.One thing after another,and this sucks as a surprise.If youve thought you had a bad day....look at mine...yours must be going great.

UPDATE- We have paid our bills for the month,and my husband is leaving out of state on Monday for an oil field job. Im not giving details. Too many of you are too rude                 And thank you to those that had kind words to say.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 6:34 PM

no comments?not even some insults?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I'll be praying for you :)

woodstock525
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry.  Do you have any family that may be able to help you out temporarily?  Or, if hubby is getting VA benefits, have you tried for help through military channels or the USO?

Mrs.Worthen
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
22 moms liked this

maybe he should have paid his child support when it was due, and then you wouldnt be in this mess..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Pawn stuff? Sell stuff? Get a part time job for when this happens again?
MomRocs1102
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

You want to be insulted?  Maybe people aren't commenting because of the reason...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure what you're looking for. Sucky situation for you guys, and the ex and kids he's not taking care of?

tiffanyhyatt
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Ill be praying for you. Maybe go doer to doer and ask of you can clean it do yard work so that you can try and get the money. Idk just an idea. Hope things work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firsttimemum91
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Im so sorry, I hope you will figure something out. Dont you have any family that can come pick you up so you can stay with them if you dont get the money? Just until you figure out something permanent. Hope everything works out for you!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this

unless your already behind...you aren't usually evicted in two days for being a week late?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)