Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

homeless in 2 days UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We just moved to this town in our motor home last month. Our only income is my husbands VA benefits, and it pays the bills until we found out the state put a lien on my husbands VA check for back child support. We are -6,770.02 in the minus. This is devastating. We didn't find out until today when we went to withdraw the 490.00 we usually get a month. Then we called the bank. :(. We have 2 days to come up with the money for rent 295.00 and 42.00 electricity bill and basically 1 day to do it in cause the other day is a weekend.Ive called 211 and no resources in this town,and we don't have a vehicle so walking 4 counties over would be hard with 2 kids. I don't know what to do. We also have a storage in another state which is 200.00 behind. I'm so scared we are going to lose everything and don't know what to do but cry. I'm trying to be strong for my kids.One thing after another,and this sucks as a surprise.If youve thought you had a bad day....look at mine...yours must be going great.

UPDATE- We have paid our bills for the month,and my husband is leaving out of state on Monday for an oil field job. Im not giving details. Too many of you are too rude                 And thank you to those that had kind words to say.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:51 PM

My DH's birth dad had several kids he never supported.   When he went on disability when DH was in his late 20's, my mil started receiving checks from his disability for back support.   He owed A LOT... a ton more than 6k...   anyway, she got $32 bucks every month for a while because they don't take the ENTIRE income... they only garnish up to a certain percent.    That sounds strange that his entire VA check was taken and not garnished.  

Also, as other posters have said, it takes 30-60 days to evict.   You also should own your motorhome, you are just talking about the rent.   Well, uh... take motor home and leave.   You will owe them the money and they can bring a judgement against you, which could lead to a garnishment if you don't work out a payment arrangment.

Why don't you work?   $490 is just not enough of an income these days, especially with DH owing child support.

The other option is to get into a homeless shelter.   They have better shelters for women and children, you could take the kids and go to until DH takes care of his responsibilities.

ShannyLouisiany
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this
the stupid and irresponsible shit people do as parents is amazing and alarming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 3, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Why can't you drive the motorhome? A motorhome isthe one that you cam drive right?
gum.drop
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Hummm

Shouldn't have married a deadbeat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I may be homeless soon too, my x dissapeared and so now I'm not getting the child support anymore. Without that I won't be able to afford everything. I only work part time, it was the only job I could find in this small town.

fstysxofthebtt
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM
He probably should have paid his cs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinawithaK
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

um...  pay his child support and that won't happen?

or...  get a job?

even better yet...  BOTH!

mandylin3
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Call a church.  Sometimes you can get financial help from them.  Make sure you call the storage place and let them know your situation and see if you can pay later, like give them an exact date.  Do you have any family or friends that can loan you money?  If nothing else, go to a shelter, apply for emergency food stamps and look for a job.  I hope it all turns out ok.  Hang in there.

USCmomax4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I'm sorry! But you sound irresponsible, why do you let things get that bad! I feel so sad for the kids! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DylansMommyXo
by Daggy on May. 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. I feel sorry for your kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN