Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Go ahead, let's hear them. 

Things they've said, things they've done!

I'll be back with mine in a few.  Gotta cut up some fruit for the kiddos real quick.  

by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My MIL isn't even worth talking about. She is horrible and selfish and has told me that her and I have nothing in common so there is no point in us trying to be friends.

Whatever, bitch. When you die I'm taking your house and burning all your crap, so I don't really care what you think of me. 

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on May. 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing to my face cause she knows I would have punched her teeth down her throat. I can't stand her.

So glad they are ex IL's.

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Ok...I ended up cleaning!  LOL

First story....she nd my FIL (who died when DH and I had been dating a month) were never really romantic, I guess you could say.  After Daniel and I had been together a year and a half, he proposed.  So, the next night, we're at her house, sitting at the kitchen table and he says he has to tell her something.  He grabs my hand, shows my ring and says he asked me to marry him.  Did we get a "congrats?"  No.  We got a "your father never got me an engagement ring." 

Really?  Ugh..

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Hubby freaked when I told him, but we were at the campgrounds for a wedding for extended family.   Knowing the issues that problems would cause, we sucked it up and kept quiet this time.   Maybe we shouldn't have, but I was trying to think of his cousins benefit too, and how getting mad at MIL the day before the wedding would cause it to explode all over the poor gals wedding.

Part of her problem is she is just not smart when it comes to kids.   She dropped her own infant on her head.   When SIL was about a month old, she tossed her over her shoulder and she landed on her face/head on cement steps.   I can't believe SIL is fine, but she is.   

MIL had other issues, too, but until seeing her leave my youngest beside that pond...  I didn't think things were THAT bad.    We haven't left her with the kids much, and never when they were tiny.    But other smaller things have added up through the years, and we're at the point that she really can't be alone with the kids.   She's just not tolerant of the way kids are, doesn't understand kids, plays favorites, panics when things are out of control, and doesn't respect our decisions regarding raising them.   (like, letting my 9 yr old daughter read an adult book about a lady that sleeps around!)

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

OMG tell me she is never alone with your little one? Did your hubby freak out?

Quoting KrissyKC:

My MIL was irritated we didn't share a cabin with her so she could afford a bigger one with a bathroom and not have to use the bathhouse (campgrounds)...    she came over when we got to our cabin and was just a little "off" with us. 

(we wanted our own space and we also brought our dog.   The bigger cabins weren't allowing pets.)

Anyway, she just didn't seem "right" but she was still smiling and I could see she was still trying.  Anyway, she wanted to take the baby (toddler) while we unloaded our car.   So we let her, not thinking any one would hurt a baby just because they were irritated.

Anyway, she left my toddler (under a year and a half)... standing alone next to the pond that was right behind her cabin (out of my sight)... I had a creepy feeling and went to check...   I found my baby pointing at the water down at her feet, and MIL was inside the cabin with the doors and windows shut.

I freaked on my husband so bad... should have freaked on her, but I honestly didn't trust myself not to throw her in the water and drown her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM
My MIL hated me!! I took her baby away :( .she would buy her other daughter in laws birthday gifts, christmas gifts, except me!! Although she did give me a card once. Hubby told me she didn't like me....no shit.
jamieharper08
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Ha!!!!! This is not the worst but most recent. This past Sat. my MIL was coming to pick up the kiddos to stay the night with her. I had a birthday party at 10 and told her I should be home around noon. When she called that morning I was running around packing bags and trying to get my kiddos dolled up. I asked her to call me when she left her house (30 minutes away) so that I could start getting the kids round up and out of there. Anyhow, we got off the phone and the next thing I know my phone started going off with text messages. I thought it was odd so I stopped and check it. In her text, that was meant for her friend Debbie, she was talking crap about me. LOL!!! She said that I made everything so hard. That I hadn't even rounded up their clothes or bathing suits (like I never do laundry). Then she straight up lied and told her that I said to call me before she left to check and see if we were done at the party. Like I just had her waiting around or some crap. All of this honestly wouldn't bother me but she is constantly sending me shout outs on F.B, telling me that I am such a great mother and that her son is so lucky to have me. I just don't get why she talks crap about me when I have done nothing but make the kids available to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 3, 2012 at 7:54 PM
My SIL (DHs brothers wife) invited DHs ex to their wedding because she wanted to cause drama with us and ex. Then she told me I could never have the same good relationship with DHs parents because she went to an ivy league school and did something great with her life (she's a midwife) and I didn't. 13 years later she is hated by the entire family and banned from family events and I'm not. LOL
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Did you text her back?! :/ Let her know you got her message?

Quoting jamieharper08:

Ha!!!!! This is not the worst but most recent. This past Sat. my MIL was coming to pick up the kiddos to stay the night with her. I had a birthday party at 10 and told her I should be home around noon. When she called that morning I was running around packing bags and trying to get my kiddos dolled up. I asked her to call me when she left her house (30 minutes away) so that I could start getting the kids round up and out of there. Anyhow, we got off the phone and the next thing I know my phone started going off with text messages. I thought it was odd so I stopped and check it. In her text, that was meant for her friend Debbie, she was talking crap about me. LOL!!! She said that I made everything so hard. That I hadn't even rounded up their clothes or bathing suits (like I never do laundry). Then she straight up lied and told her that I said to call me before she left to check and see if we were done at the party. Like I just had her waiting around or some crap. All of this honestly wouldn't bother me but she is constantly sending me shout outs on F.B, telling me that I am such a great mother and that her son is so lucky to have me. I just don't get why she talks crap about me when I have done nothing but make the kids available to her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I have too many that I just don't know where to start but I can say mine are rude, annoying, disrepectful, smothing my son don't like him be a kid always up his butt, and always thinking they need to know everything that goes on in our lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
My in-laws went overboard with the spoiling of their first grandchild, our DD. When our DS was born, they weren't that interested. When he received a diagnosis of autism, they didn't believe it and felt that I had made it up. We let our two kids stay with them for a long weekend and both our kids were traumatized. Our DD told us that they had tried to "discipline the autism out of our son" (their words) and upset our DS to the point that he was hyperventilating and hiding under the bed. They then told our DD that she had to take care of him for the rest of the visit. When our DD told my DH what had happened, he immediately cut them out of our lives. That was three years ago and we have not communicated at all with them during that time. I think the next time we see either one of them will be at their funeral.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)