Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my SO got arrested for domestic violence.**update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

So apparently i have no say about the charges. The cop arrested him because he had to since it was a domestic call, and the state of ohio is pressing charges on him for domestic violence, NOT ME! I have no say in it what so ever. I guess a good thing in some cases? I go to court monday.

I don't know how to feel. I am at lost and heartbroken. My SO has been drinking a lot this week, and yesterday he snapped. He threw all my stuff outside and was acting irrational. I thought I would go in the other room with my toddler to let him cool down. He was being moody and smacked my butt twice in a mean way. I felt like a child being spanked. I let it go and just shut the  door. I started webcamming a friend and he heard me laughing. He stormed in and told me to get the fuck out of the house. I told him no and he went over to me and slammed my laptop shut on my lap and then yanked the cord out of the wall and whipped my leg with it. He said if i was feeling this happy that he wanted me out, then i should leave now. (He drinks and kicks me out a few times a month so i was used to it and over the tears) He started to scream at me with my toddler next to me and was getting fusturated. He picked up my laptop and threw it on the kitchen floor. He asked how I liked that, and proceeded to smash it over and over again until it was in a million pieces. He threatened to destroy the rest of my stuff if i didn't get the F out now. He pushed me out into the garage and locked me out. I was hysterical at that point and just called 911. He drove away and by the time he came back, the cop was already there. I gave my report and they arrested him on the spot and said he is going to jail for domestic violence and i should charge him with property damage. I got my stuff and now i am at my parents. So this morning I had to go to court. I saw him on video and dressed in orange. He pleaded not guilty and has a restraining order on him. I really don't feel like going through all this.  My stomach is in knots and I am shakey. Why did he do this to us? He had a 2500 dollar jail bond and had friends bail him out.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomRocs1102
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

He is not a man you should be with, so sorry this has happened to you, but I have been there it rarely gets better.  Stick with it press charges to protect yourself do you have children with him?

jb0520
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM
He sounds extremely abusive! I would stay away from him, if not for you for your baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM
It will be hard, it wi hurt, but follow through. You owe it to yourself, your child and him. Why should be get away with it and go about his life while you struggle with the physical and emotional damage he put you through. Set an example here and now for your child and yourself for the future. Even young kids are more perceptive than people think. You can do better and you deserve better. This is not love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Please stay away and end it with the jerk. Hugs momma I am sorry you and your toddler had to experience that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

No I do not, thank god. I know he is rotten now, but it is disappointing to see a guy i loved to someone who was full of hatred and anger in moments. Just because of alcohol. It hurts me.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

He is not a man you should be with, so sorry this has happened to you, but I have been there it rarely gets better.  Stick with it press charges to protect yourself do you have children with him?

Fallaya
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Press charges. Your child deserves a stree-free, violence-free home. Screw your "SO".

kjoarcik
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

If you don't stay away from him for yourself, do it for your child. Your child should come before your feelings for him...always. Press any charges you can and get far, far away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes i did press charges. I am going through with it. He is a grown ass man and needs to learn how to act.

Quoting Fallaya:

Press charges. Your child deserves a stree-free, violence-free home. Screw your "SO".

MomRocs1102
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I understand, but it gets better remove him and every thing else negative and work on starting over.

Sagely
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Stay strong hon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)