Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If a restaurant, locked you in because you didnt tip...what would you do?

Posted by   + Show Post
I watched a video earlier about this happening in houston a few days ago to a family that didn't tip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
youngs_wifey05
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I agree. If the tip is added to the bill when the party is over a certain number or whatever, the policy is usually stated in at least the menu if not other places as well. If it was that type of deal, then they should pay it. It goes with policy, they knew what they were getting into.

Quoting Country_Momma89:

I didn't read the other comments nor have I seen the video. I didn't know that the place she went actually added on to the bill before I commented. In this instance, while I don't agree with them locking her in, she needed to pay the full bill even if it included the gratuity that she didn't want to leave.

Quoting JLo1486:

I'm sorry, but given her attitude about the whole situation and that she KNEW of the policy she is in the wrong. I have been a server for a while. People will say whatever they can to get a free meal or to not have to tip. She complained of service being less than expected, we can't know that for sure. I've seen people give beyond great service and get bitched at by the end of the meal and get stiffed. I myself have given great service, was told how awesome everything was and how much they enjoyed their experience and asked to speak to the manager to compliment me, only to hear them bitch out the manager about how terrible service was, the food, the drinks, the atmosphere etc. Luckily there are always witnesses around to know the truth. People will do anything to get out of paying something.

Quoting Country_Momma89:

Call the cops, make a scene in front of their customers so the people eating there know what kind of establishment they really are.

and....
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

IF I could work a pole and "pull off" THAT MOVE........Girl----I'd be making TSUNAMI c-notes!!!!!!!  But thank You for your support!  =-)

Quoting _mimimosley_:

I'd make it rain on ya.

Quoting and....:

Run around like a child at the park. Knockin' shit left and right , yelling WHEEEEEEEEEE then I'd try to break-dance on a table w/ food where people....were sitting......and trying to eat. Then start playing MY ass TUBA and right before they got the key to turn and PUT me out........ FIND the NEAREST POLE---GET NAKED---and ATTEMPT the "EYE OPENER" Pole dance move! WHAKKKKKKKA!!!!!

***************PARTY OVA HERE!!*************************

JLo1486
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I've said my piece when needed. I'm a server and am there to make their experience great. I am NOT there to be belittled, lied to, grabbed, threatend, snapped at, have food thrown at, screamed at or etc. You treat ME with disrespect because you think you can, I will put you in your place. The customer certainly is not always right lol.

Quoting and....:

It's TOO bad you all---(in the hospitality trade)---CANNOT tell summa the people you MUST deal with how "They are less of a customer than expected." I TRULY BELIEVE I have the the attitude and outlook to GET into the HOSPITALITY Profession. *****crickets chirping

Quoting JLo1486:

I'm sorry, but given her attitude about the whole situation and that she KNEW of the policy she is in the wrong. I have been a server for a while. People will say whatever they can to get a free meal or to not have to tip. She complained of service being less than expected, we can't know that for sure. I've seen people give beyond great service and get bitched at by the end of the meal and get stiffed. I myself have given great service, was told how awesome everything was and how much they enjoyed their experience and asked to speak to the manager to compliment me, only to hear them bitch out the manager about how terrible service was, the food, the drinks, the atmosphere etc. Luckily there are always witnesses around to know the truth. People will do anything to get out of paying something.

Quoting Country_Momma89:

Call the cops, make a scene in front of their customers so the people eating there know what kind of establishment they really are.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Tip them a penny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Call the police!
JadedFaerie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably burn it down.

MrsErdos2011
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Call the police.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I worked at a convenient store when I was 18 and they said it was illegal to do that...something like kidnapping or something. I'd call the police. Theres no law saying you have to tip...you should but it's not illegal not to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Tipping is a choice. Look up the definition! I think its crappy not to do, but its not an obligation.

activitymode
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM
They would have to arrest me. That is bullshit. They wanted to pay their bill but not the 17% gratuity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN