Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maternity clothes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Don't they make these in juniors sizes or something? Everything I find is for 35+ year olds. I'm 5 months and my jeans suddenly don't close, every week less things fit and I can't find maternity anything for me. I'm 24 and I refuse to dress like an old lady. I've gained 3 inches this month. And my doctor said I was too small hah! Wait till he sees me tomorrow!

The joke at home is I could have been on that show "I didnt know I was pregnant"

Help me find clothes :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM

As far as jeans go, get a belly band so you can still fit into them without having to snap them.  I dunno about shirts cuz I mainly wear tees and the shirts my mil can't fit anymore that aren't technically maternity.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I had a horrible time with this!! Old navy has a good clothes as well as destination maternity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vboatner
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM

My shirts I just bought a little bigger and I wore my same pants the whole time, only I had a bella band that I wore over them. I always had a hard time finding cute maternity clothes too.

Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I just got maternity capris when I was pregnant and wore XL or a size up or 3 in pants too. Lol. I gained like 50 lbs give or take. I couldn't find cute stuff either. I got lucky though and found some stuff at kohls or target.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twrwifey
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and REFUSE to wear ugly old hag maternity clothes. I have found some cute capris that are maternity but as for shirts I go to the junior sections and since the 'style' is maternity loose flowing shirts I get those. I've also had luck finding super short summer dresses that look like maternity shirts. I get complimented all the time that I have such cute maternity clothes lol and they're just juniors dresses and such that I use as tunics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Old Navy, and Khols. Even Target if you're just going for jeans and  t shirt. Their maternity cami-tank tops were so cute, and I loved the way they looked, and held the belly.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I didn't have this problem. I shopped at Once upon a child, and found things from peas in a pod, and some other higher end maternity clothes there. But I pretty much fit into all my clothes, and i wore a lot of stretchy dresses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I'm a size 3 jeans and I thought my thighs would get fat but what I'm having trouble keeping is my arms. I have 3 lb weights and keep them pretty toned. I figured no matter what the dress or what ever is like, as long as I have pretty arms, everything else is just a "pregnancy body" thing and would fall into place when ever it feels like it.

I just want to feel pretty and not blah. Doesn't help I'm a brand fan... And my brands don't make maternity anything I'm interested in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM

i honestly got so big that even the maternity pants with the band around them got too tight i had to wear nothing but sweatpants and dresses my whole pregnancy srry i cant be of much help.

lvmy3lilones
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM
You could just start buying clothes a size up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured