Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dating while separated and not divorced IS ADULTERY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Adultery or not?

I think it is. what say you?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
.ZombieGirl.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No, not to me. If you are separate that means y'all are no longer together and some divorces could take a long time to finalize.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM

separation doesn't make you legally divorced so it's still adultery and wrong

Quoting Oostera:

I don't think so. The point of the seperation is to see if you are sure you no longer want to be with that person. Dating other people is only natural, in that scenario. I wouldn't hold it against someone.

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, you're separated so I think you have every right to date other people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Eh. My legal husband and I have been separated since 2008. I've dated, he's dated. We both now have children with our partners and are happy. He's also military and divorce is complicated. We FINALLY have gotten to the point where we're able to get it situated. Matter of fact, I got the paperwork in today. 

I don't really give a shit what you think. You're not me. If you decided to be celibate, good for fucking you. I'm not.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree w this and then some say "oh he wont sign" so you'll keep yourself bound to a man you want to divorce based on him?I think women that do that are stupid.

Quoting mom2bell:

is it really that hard to wait?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM

so it's ok to whore around while you're married ok

Quoting lovelove211:

I don't see anything wrong with it, you're separated so I think you have every right to date other people

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

thats trifling and a big fat mess.

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Eh. My legal husband and I have been separated since 2008. I've dated, he's dated. We both now have children with our partners and are happy. He's also military and divorce is complicated. We FINALLY have gotten to the point where we're able to get it situated. Matter of fact, I got the paperwork in today. 

I don't really give a shit what you think. You're not me. If you decided to be celibate, good for fucking you. I'm not.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree w this and then some say "oh he wont sign" so you'll keep yourself bound to a man you want to divorce based on him?I think women that do that are stupid.

Quoting mom2bell:

is it really that hard to wait?  

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I have mixed feelings on this. I dated when I was legally separated and there was no desire from either myself or my estranged husband on getting back together. He was with someone and she was pregnant not too long into it. I began dating and was happy.

Looking back, yes... It was adultery on both our parts when I look at our faith. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

That is the mixed feelings part. I know it was wrong. Would I do it again? Maybe. I met my husband (now husband) at the right time in my life. But yes, I do feel it was and is considered adultery.
AlyBren
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

If there's no chance of getting back together, hell no it's not wrong.

Especially if your ex is dragging the divorce out for months or years on end. What are you supposed to do? Wait years to move on with your life and let them hold you hostage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

you sure seem like you care alot with your anger and cursing.That doesn't sound like someone that doesn't care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

No its not wrong. My x husband was cheating on me so we seperated. He ended up disapearing to another state and no one could find him to serve him papers. 6 months after we split up and he took up I met my now husband and a year after that we got pregnant. 2 months before my daughter was born my x FINALLY was found and signed the divorce papers. So no i dont think its wrong, but i do think it depends on the situation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)