Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dating while separated and not divorced IS ADULTERY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Adultery or not?

I think it is. what say you?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

it's adultery!

Oostera
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM

It's not adultery if both parties know and consent. It's probably something that should be stipulated when the separation occurs. Some divorces can drag on forever, why are the involved parties not allowed to move on before it is official?

Quoting Anonymous:

separation doesn't make you legally divorced so it's still adultery and wrong

Quoting Oostera:

I don't think so. The point of the seperation is to see if you are sure you no longer want to be with that person. Dating other people is only natural, in that scenario. I wouldn't hold it against someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM

In my state as long as there is no hope for fixing the marriage there is nothing legally wrong with dating while separated.

I had a friend who left her DH and she made sure before she started dating just to be on the safe side.

perezamberly
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I did it and didn't feel bad. I was always completely honest about it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM

It is crazy. I never said it wasn't. But oh well. My mess to deal with. Why is it your concern?

Quoting Anonymous:

thats trifling and a big fat mess.

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Eh. My legal husband and I have been separated since 2008. I've dated, he's dated. We both now have children with our partners and are happy. He's also military and divorce is complicated. We FINALLY have gotten to the point where we're able to get it situated. Matter of fact, I got the paperwork in today. 

I don't really give a shit what you think. You're not me. If you decided to be celibate, good for fucking you. I'm not.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree w this and then some say "oh he wont sign" so you'll keep yourself bound to a man you want to divorce based on him?I think women that do that are stupid.

Quoting mom2bell:

is it really that hard to wait?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

not speaking legal but morals have no concept in this society nowadays.so sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

In my state as long as there is no hope for fixing the marriage there is nothing legally wrong with dating while separated.

I had a friend who left her DH and she made sure before she started dating just to be on the safe side.

arabellelynn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM
It took 3years for my rather difficult divorce to be final. Our marriage had pretty much been over for almost two years when i finally got the courage to leave and file. By that time i was ready to move on with my life. 8mos later i started dating my DF. I think it depends largely on the situation. I don't judge, there's always something about the situation you don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM

It is not adultery if your legally separated. 

Anonymous

the law and your morals should say it's wrong

Quoting Oostera:

It's not adultery if both parties know and consent. It's probably something that should be stipulated when the separation occurs. Some divorces can drag on forever, why are the involved parties not allowed to move on before it is official?

Quoting Anonymous:

separation doesn't make you legally divorced so it's still adultery and wrong

Quoting Oostera:

I don't think so. The point of the seperation is to see if you are sure you no longer want to be with that person. Dating other people is only natural, in that scenario. I wouldn't hold it against someone.

Anonymous

separated still isn't divorced, still adultery

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not adultery if your legally separated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)