Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dating while separated and not divorced IS ADULTERY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Adultery or not?

I think it is. what say you?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM

smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM
i dont see anything wrong with it if there is no sex untill everything is finalize
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Not LEGALLY. It is dating not screwing anyway, you said dating. 

Quoting Anonymous:

separated still isn't divorced, still adultery

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not adultery if your legally separated. 

parentalrights1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM

And yeah I got with my husband when he was separated. She left him for another man. The relationship was over. Noone was cheating (well whether she did before leaving is debatable) only a piece of paper said he was with anyone and he wasn't.

The divorce didn't take that long, but no I didn't want to wait and there's no reason to wait, especially not to appease random people of society.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh thank god I didn't date then. I just had a fwb ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM

If the other is okay with it I don't think so. It's not like you're cheating. They know, ya'll are separated and living separate lives, moving on, so I don't consider it adultery. My "exh" and I have been separated (not legally) for almost 5 years now and I'm engaged to someone else. We are in the process of divorcing and I wish I had done it sooner but I didn't so I have to move forward and just get it done now. We didn't have any children together so I thank God for that. I'm pregnant now though so it's making the divorce more difficult. We only stayed married for monetary reasons as well as health insurance. I have no plans EVER to go back to him and he's talking to someone else also. We still talk but only when necessary.

usmcwife.mommy2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
In military life if the spouse catches the other spouse having sexual relations with another person (even while seperations) they can get arrested for it, lose rank, get dishonorable discharged, and more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM

being with someone in a romantic situation when you're still married is adultery period

Quoting Anonymous:

Not LEGALLY. It is dating not screwing anyway, you said dating. 

Quoting Anonymous:

separated still isn't divorced, still adultery

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not adultery if your legally separated. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
If you read the bible you will read that once you are married whether you get a divorce or not you are commiting adultry if you sleep with anyone other than your SO....thats what I have always understood....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM

they have the right idea.until it's final they shouldn't be dating

Quoting usmcwife.mommy2:

In military life if the spouse catches the other spouse having sexual relations with another person (even while seperations) they can get arrested for it, lose rank, get dishonorable discharged, and more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)